This recipe is To. Die. For. I got it from the super great food blog, My Kitchen Cafe. Melanie has got a TREMENDOUS amount of fabulous food represented there. I had 6 bananas going brown on my counter, so I thought I would give her recipe a try. It’s different from other banana bread recipes I have loved in the past. It’s made with butter and tastes a lot like pound cake. Seriously…..pound cake. It was great the first day, and super fabulous the second day. Try it! You won’t be sorry. (Unless you are counting calories, and then I’m afraid you may be sorry indeed.) I doubled the recipe, and it made 3 regular sized loaves.
Buttery Blonde Banana Bread
Note: I generally double the recipe, and it ends up making three large loaves, my pans are 9 1/2 x 5 1/2. If I make a single recipe then I use one large pan and two small pans that are 4 1/2 x 3 1/2.
1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 C mashed bananas (about 3 ripe bananas)
4 T buttermilk
1 3/4 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
dash baking soda
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add the eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture.
5. Mix until just combined….don’t over mix.
6. Grease loaf pans generously. (I had a bit of trouble getting mine out.) Pour the batter into the pans.
7. Bake for 55 minutes at 350.
8. Cool on a wire rack.