These crepes would make a wonderful holiday/vacation breakfast. My kids thinks they are fantastic, and you can fill them with so many fun things! The crew around here likes to fill them with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. Actually our rule is, you have to have one filled with eggs before you can have one filled with fruit and whip cream. They are also spectacular with mini chocolate chips, strawberries and whip cream. This recipe is great because it is super CHEAP. Even if all you’ve got to fill them with is butter and cinnamon-sugar, they are a delight!
I received a great comment at the end of this post with a link to an AMAZING site that is all about Crepe Making and Crepe Fillings. Can I just say, I am drooling! Seriously, these recipes look fabulous. Here is a link to the site. Thanks for the comment, Ashley!
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 15 medium sized crepes
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
1 1/2 C milk
1 C flour
1 T cooking oil
1/4 t salt
2 t sugar
1. Mix all ingredients together WELL. I actually put everything into my Kitchen Aid and let it mix for 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. When it’s nice and hot spray it with cooking spray and pour some into the pan. Twist the pan around in a circle until the batter covers the bottom evenly.
3. Cook until the bottom starts to become golden brown. Lift up the edge with a fork and flip it over.
4. Cook on the other side until it’s golden brown as well.
5. Fill as desired and serve!