I found this great recipe over at The Double Dipped Life. Krista is the blogger there and has a ton of original recipes such as these. If you are using unpopped popcorn instead of the microwave kind I would definitely butter and salt to the popcorn after it’s been popped. I have been having a small addiction lately for peanut butter and chocolate…..my son Mark said the other day “What is up with the peanut butter treats around here, you are obsessed!” And I have to admit that, yes I guess I am! Maybe I’ll make something next week with candy canes in it, just to throw him off.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
1/2 C unpopped popcorn, or 2 bags microwave popcorn
1 C sugar
1/2 C honey
1/2 C light corn syrup
1 C peanut butter (crunchy is great)
1 t vanilla
1. Pop the popcorn and put in a LARGE bowl. I actually used 2 large bowls.
2. In a large sized saucepan combine sugar, honey and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly!
3. Boil hard for 2 minutes with out stirring.
4. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until melted.
5. Pour the peanut butter over the popcorn and stir well until it is all incorporated.
6. Spread out onto 2 cookie sheets lined with wax paper.
7. Drizzle milk chocolate over the top if desired. (Who wouldn’t desire that!)