Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 1/4 C flour
2 T. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
1 c. milk
¼ c. + 2 T. canned pumpkin puree
2 T. melted butter
1/4 C mini chocolate chips
1. Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together and add to the dry. Stir just until combined. Don’t over mix. Pancake batter that has been mixed too well won’t puff up nicely.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter 1/4 C at a time onto a hot griddle.
5. Cook until the little bubbles stop popping, about 2 minutes.
6. Flip the pancakes over and cook about 2 minutes on the other side.
7. Serve with maple syrup and whip cream.