2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 t cinnamon
1 T sugar
2 cans (20-ounce) cherry or blueberry pie filling
Glaze: You could easily use a jar of canned vanilla frosting for the glaze, if you prefer.
2-3 C powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1-2 T milk
dash of salt
1.Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. In another bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and 1 1/2 C sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
4. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 30 minutes.
5. Place graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 t cinnamon and 1 T sugar in a shallow dish, and stir until combined.
6. Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll the balls in graham cracker crumbs. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
7. Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Place 3 cherries in the dimple.
8. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown around the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool for five minutes on the sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Mix glaze ingredients together in a stand mixer, or with hand held beaters. To make it thicker add more powdered sugar, and to thin it out add a little more milk. Put the glaze in a small zip lock bag. Cut a very small hole in the tip of the bag. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies when they are completely cool.