A fellow blogger left me a comment the other day asking me to please post about the watermelon bouquet pictured at the top of my blog. I know that it is WINTER….and where I live here in chilly Utah you would be hard pressed to find a watermelon that tasted good and cost less that $7. However, some people are not drenched in chilly weather, and to you fine folks I say congratulations! I hope you are eating watermelon until your heart is content. I know I sure wish I was! Good luck to Shelly in sunny Floriday. I hope you get to make it this week!
1-2 pounds grapes
2 pounds of strawberries
shish kabob skewers (usually found in the produce section)
green or red leaf lettuce
You can really use many combinations of fruit. Apples, bananas and pears will all turn brown after about 1/2 an hour, so I would leave them out!
1. Cut the watermelon in half, width wise. (across the longest side)
2. On a pretty platter, lay out the leaf lettuce so that the ruffly edges of the lettuce run along the edges of your platter. Place one of the watermelon halves red side down onto the platter and lettuce.
2. Take the other watermelon half, carefully cut the rind off and chop the melon into 2 inch pieces. They don’t have to be exact, just approximately 2 inches.
3. Cut the rind off of the cantaloupe and pineapple. Cut into 2 inch pieces.
4. Wash the strawberries and cut the tops off. Slice each strawberry in half.
5. Slide the fruit pieces on to the skewers. Leave about 3 inches at the sharp end with out any fruit.
6. Stick the loaded skewers into the watermelon you have placed on the platter.
7. Serve with in an hour or two. If you leave it too long the fruit will get drippy.
Progresso Soup is having a great contest right now! Read on for more details!
Celebrate the New Year and a new you with Progresso Light and 100 Calorie Soups because from January 4 through March 15th, you can visit www.Progresso.com/SouperYou to enter the Progresso “Souper You Debut” contest for the chance to win a full makeover in New York City.
Three grand prize winners will be awarded a trip for two to New York City from May 21st-23rd. The prize includes round trip airfare, a two-night stay in a NYC hotel, a full makeover, a $1,000 wardrobe shopping spree and personal consultation at a New York department store.
To enter, you´ll need to do the following:
Go to www.Progresso.com/SouperYou to learn more and enter the contest
Submit your essay (200 characters or less) telling Progresso why you love Progresso Light or 100 Calorie Soups and why you would like a makeover
In addition, please submit a photo of yourself that visually reinforces the theme of your essay
Once you enter, you´ll have the chance for your photo and/or an excerpt from your essay to appear on www.Progresso.com/SouperYou, so be sure to check back frequently! Once the 10 finalists are announced, you can visit www.Progresso.com/SouperYou from March 29 through April 12 to vote for your favorite.
In addition, throughout the duration of the contest you can visit www.Progresso.com/SouperYou to download a coupon for $1 off any three varieties of Progresso Soup!