Don’t those beauties just look plain old cheerful! You may not be a lover of carrots. You might remember being forced to eat them when you were young while being told “those are going to make your eyes shine so pretty!” Well I’m here to tell you these are going to make your eyes shine pretty and your mouth turn up into a great big grin. I could eat these with almost every meal. (Ok…to be truthful, they might be a little weird with pancakes.)
The ingredients include fresh orange juice, butter, brown sugar and my best girl, rosemary. That is a line up worthy of a grin!
Glazed Carrots with Rosemary
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
10 long carrots (not the babies, the big daddies)
2 T salted butter, melted (don’t even entertain the idea of margarine…)
4 T brown sugar
1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
4 T fresh orange juice
1/8 t cracked pepper
1/4 t cracked sea salt
1. Peel the carrots and chop off the tops and the very tips. Cut each carrot into sticks.
2. Combine the butter, brown sugar, rosemary and orange juice together in a small bowl.
3. Place the carrots in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the top.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Check them after about 20 minutes and give them a little stir.
5. After taking them out of the oven crack the pepper and salt over the top. Stir to incorporate, cover and let sit for a few minutes before serving.