Oh my goodness. Oh. My. Goodness. I most likely should have never made these. And I’ll tell you another thing I never should have done.
Smother a little Nutella on these chocolate crepes and ….I can’t really even describe the shere bliss you may experience. Add some fresh strawberries, or raspberries and a bit of whip cream and folks you will be in a happy place. A happy place, I tell you.
A lovely woman on the television told me that Nutella is a health food. Seriously? Is it a health food if you eat 5 Tablespoons in 5 minutes? You know, like how carrots are a health food and the more you eat the better! Is Nuttella THAT kind of health food? Just for today (until these crepes are gone!) I am going to pretend YES!
I got this fine recipe from a lovely blog called Gina’s Skinny Recipes. She’s got a lot of great healthy food over there. There is also a fabulous site called Crepe World that is totally dedicated to crepes. You won’t be sorry for stopping by.
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 Crepes
Recipe from Gina’s Skinny Recipes
1 C flour
2 T cocoa powder
1 T powdered sugar
1 1/2 C milk
2 large eggs whites
1 whole egg
1 t oil
dash of salt
1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
2. Heat up a medium sized pan and spray with cooking spray.
3. Pour about 1/4 of the batter into the pan. Swirl the pan slightly so the batter flows to the outer edges of the pan.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes and then flip it to the other side and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Serve with any of the following…whip cream, strawberries, raspberries, nutella, chocolate sauce…what ever suites your fancy my friends.