Ham Fried Rice

Ham Fried Rice

I have  some fine looking tasty Ham Fried Rice for you today. This dish is great with the Teriaki Chicken I posted yesterday, or just on its own. The recipe works best if you use cold left over rice. You can also make your rice fresh, but cold rice is better. I am getting hungry just looking at it! Maybe I’ll make some tonight….hope you do too!
Ham Fried Rice
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 small onion
1/2 package mushrooms
3 carrots
2 green onions
1 T garlic
4 C cold rice
2 T olive oil, divided
2 T soy sauce
1 1/2 C chopped ham
1 t sugar
1/2 t sesame oil
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop up your veggies and ham.
2. Heat up a large skillet and add 1 T olive oil, garlic, onions, carrots and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until crisp tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add 1 T olive oil, cold rice, soy sauce, ham, sugar and sesame oil. Stir well to incorporate all of the ingredients together. Stir and cook until all of the rice is heated through and starts to brown just a bit.
4. This picture is a bit bright….sorry about that! If you put your sunglasses on you might be able to see that I have pushed the rice mixture over one side of the pan. Crack your eggs into a separate bowl and whisk them up, just like you would do if you were making scrambled eggs. Then pour the egg into the side of the pan. Stir the eggs around until they are cooked, then stir them into the rice mixture. Taste a bit and add salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the green onions. Serve and enjoy!

April 8, 2010 at 1:03 am

Jamie, I made your soft pretzels and they are SUPER yummy! I'm going to try the teriyaki chicken and ham fried rice next…keep posting…you are fabulous! :) ~Kim McCann

April 8, 2010 at 1:04 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention I also made your sugar cookie bars…hello!!!! Those were divine! I ate 1/2 the pan myself! :)

February 8, 2014 at 5:17 am

I think that I am going to enjoy thanks ginivg after all now. Thank You so much for all the good recipes. I was getting really worried that my favorite holiday was over. But then you save the day!! yay!!

April 8, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Thanks for sharing, hope you don't mind me peeking, I can't wait to try this and the chicken recipe. Thanks!

April 15, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Making this…loving this…where do you put in the garlic? I will just add it at the same time as sugar? hee, hee

April 15, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Chelsey,
    Add the garlic with the other veggies, at the beginning.

February 19, 2011 at 1:06 am

You really have a nice version of a fried rice. Lovely and so nice. I would love to try this one out. Thanks a lot.

March 9, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Time: 30 minutes???????It was a lie because I spent 45 minutes cooking it, however I have to write that the Ham Fried Rice is really delicious and economic!thanks for the recipe!22dd

July 26, 2011 at 1:33 am

Made this last week used what I had which was diced kielbasa instead of ham…so good! I love your site!~Jill

January 27, 2012 at 12:42 am

I really enjoyed this recipe (and so did my 1 year old twins)! What kind of ham did you use and was it precooked? I bought a ham steak, precooked it just in case, and it turned out pretty yummy.

January 27, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Anonymous,
      So glad you liked the recipe. I usually just use ham that I fave frozen from a leftover Christmas, or Easter ham.
      Have a good one!

Leslie
    February 18, 2012 at 1:33 am

So this is probably a silly question but I'm assuming the big T means tablespoon and the little t means teaspoon. Is that correct?

February 18, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Leslie,
      You are correct. T for tablespoon and t for teaspoon.
      Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Christina
    February 18, 2012 at 3:19 am

Just made this tonight…delicious! I tweaked it a little bit, but basically stuck to the recipe. Cooked some bacon in the pan before adding the veggies (and added in the bacon & used less ham). Yum! Will definitely make this again! Thank you!

June 4, 2013 at 4:08 am

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective.

A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on Firefox. Exceptional Blog!

Kathy
    June 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Our family (7 of us) loves this recipe! We don’t care for the mushrooms …I usually add celery and peas along with the carrots. Making it again, tonight for dinner. Yummy! Thanks for so many delicious recipes.

Tina
    April 21, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Where can I see the nutritional info of your recipes

October 4, 2014 at 3:07 am

Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely
    excellent. I really like what you’ve got right here, certainly
    like what you’re stating and the best way during which you are saying it.
    You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible.
    I cant wait to read much more from you. That is actually a tremendous web site.