ps_menu_class_0
ps_menu_class_1
ps_menu_class_2

Ham Fried Rice

I have  some fine looking tasty Ham Fried Rice for you today. This dish is great with the Teriaki Chicken I posted yesterday, or just on its own. The recipe works best if you use cold left over rice. You can also make your rice fresh, but cold rice is better. I am getting hungry just looking at it! Maybe I’ll make some tonight….hope you do too!
Ham Fried Rice

2 T olive oil, divided
2 T soy sauce
1 1/2 C chopped ham
1 t sugar
1/2 t sesame oil
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Chop up your veggies and ham.
2. Heat up a large skillet and add 1 T olive oil, garlic, onions, carrots and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until crisp tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add 1 T olive oil, cold rice, soy sauce, ham, sugar and sesame oil. Stir well to incorporate all of the ingredients together. Stir and cook until all of the rice is heated through and starts to brown just a bit.
4. Push the rice mixture over one side of the pan. Crack your eggs into a separate bowl and whisk them up, just like you would do if you were making scrambled eggs. Then pour the egg into the side of the pan. Stir the eggs around until they are cooked, then stir them into the rice mixture. Taste a bit and add salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the green onions. Serve and enjoy!

Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1. Kim McCann says:

Jamie, I made your soft pretzels and they are SUPER yummy! I'm going to try the teriyaki chicken and ham fried rice next…keep posting…you are fabulous! :) ~Kim McCann

2. Kim McCann says:

Oh, and I forgot to mention I also made your sugar cookie bars…hello!!!! Those were divine! I ate 1/2 the pan myself! :)

1. Civil says:

I think that I am going to enjoy thanks ginivg after all now. Thank You so much for all the good recipes. I was getting really worried that my favorite holiday was over. But then you save the day!! yay!!

3. pam says:

Thanks for sharing, hope you don't mind me peeking, I can't wait to try this and the chicken recipe. Thanks!

4. Chelsey says:

Making this…loving this…where do you put in the garlic? I will just add it at the same time as sugar? hee, hee

5. Chelsey,
    Add the garlic with the other veggies, at the beginning.

6. You really have a nice version of a fried rice. Lovely and so nice. I would love to try this one out. Thanks a lot.

7. Time: 30 minutes???????It was a lie because I spent 45 minutes cooking it, however I have to write that the Ham Fried Rice is really delicious and economic!thanks for the recipe!22dd

8. Made this last week used what I had which was diced kielbasa instead of ham…so good! I love your site!~Jill

9. Anonymous says:

I really enjoyed this recipe (and so did my 1 year old twins)! What kind of ham did you use and was it precooked? I bought a ham steak, precooked it just in case, and it turned out pretty yummy.

1. Anonymous,
      So glad you liked the recipe. I usually just use ham that I fave frozen from a leftover Christmas, or Easter ham.
      Have a good one!

10. Leslie says:

So this is probably a silly question but I'm assuming the big T means tablespoon and the little t means teaspoon. Is that correct?

1. Leslie,
      You are correct. T for tablespoon and t for teaspoon.
      Hope you enjoy the recipe!

11. Christina says:

Just made this tonight…delicious! I tweaked it a little bit, but basically stuck to the recipe. Cooked some bacon in the pan before adding the veggies (and added in the bacon & used less ham). Yum! Will definitely make this again! Thank you!

12. Pingback: May Menu Plan 2013
  13. Augusta says:

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective.

A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on Firefox. Exceptional Blog!

14. Kathy says:

Our family (7 of us) loves this recipe! We don’t care for the mushrooms …I usually add celery and peas along with the carrots. Making it again, tonight for dinner. Yummy! Thanks for so many delicious recipes.

15. Tina says:

Where can I see the nutritional info of your recipes

16. Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely
    excellent. I really like what you’ve got right here, certainly
    like what you’re stating and the best way during which you are saying it.
    You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible.
    I cant wait to read much more from you. That is actually a tremendous web site.