These wonderful corn muffins come together in a snap and have less fat than most muffins. Quick and Healthy….two things that carry a lot of weight around here.
Well actually, we hope they help us NOT carry so much weight.
I would be happy as a lark if these beauties could automatically shave about 5 inches off each of my hips.
Wouldn’t that be heaven!
Slimming down on muffins and
being able to sing like Wynonna Judd…
that would be heaven to me. The gal has a voice like butter…
Which I hope is a part of heaven as well.
For those of you in Utah, I am going to be on the Channel 2 Noon News hour on Monday. I’ll be doing a segment on basic baking ingredients and how to keep them organized in your kitchen.
Sounds like a lot of fun doesn’t it?
Sure wish these muffins would shave 5 inches off my hips by then.
Don’t hold your breath.
Which is what I’ll be doing on the news while I try and suck my stomach in…wonder if Wynonna does that when she sings?
I’d wager, no.
Maybe she and I will both get to be skinny in heaven.
Cross your fingers for me.
Hope I don’t say anything dumb, or trip, or let an accidental curse word escape from my pretty lips.
(On the news….and certainly in heaven.)
Healthy Corn Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Time: 30 minutes or less!
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 1/2 C flour
1 C cornmeal
1/2 C sugar
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/2 C blended up canned corn (don’t get all squeemish on me)
1 egg, whisked with a fork until frothy
3 T butter, melted
1. In a small food processor or in a blender process your can of corn until it is all saucy and smooth. Don’t worry your pretty little head about this ingredient. I fed these lovely treasures to a bunch of neighbor kids and they all loved them. They didn’t even realize they had less fat. This blended up corn will replace some of the butter that the original recipe called for. Only some folks. We don’t want to omit the butter all together now do we?
2. In a mixing bowl combine the 1/2 C blended corn, egg and melted butter. Mix with a wooden spoon.
3. In a separate bowl combine all other ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
5. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Carefully spoon the batter into each cup. Only fill them 2/3 of the way. You want to leave room for them to rise up.
6. Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes. Enjoy!