If you have been following this blog for even one teeny tiny week you know we have been chatting a lot about the
beauty of a cake mix.
I loved reading all of your comments about how a cake mix helps to to simplify your lives.
It got my mind just a rollin over all of the fun possibilities in that great Betty Crocker Box. I came up with these fun Light and Dark Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies. They are super tasty and were a lot of fun to put together. The dough is made from 1 Devils Food Cake Mix and 1 White Cake Mix with a bit of butter and eggs thrown in. Then they are dipped in white and semi sweet chocolate!
Oh my happy heck.
They are TASTY!
Break out the Broccoli and the Lentil Soup.
…I consumed more than my fair share…
Light and Dark Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
Yield: 40 Cookies
Time: About 1 1/2 hours + 1 hour refrigeration time
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 White Cake Mix
1 C butter
2 bags (12 oz) white chocolate chips
2 bags (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Throw the butter in the microwave and melt it just a bit. Don’t let it get all the way melted. It will make the dough too soft and hard to work with.
2. Add half of the butter and one egg to the Devils Food Cake Mix. Mix with your hand mixer or stand mixer until the ingredients are combined and a great dough forms.
3. Add the other half of the butter and one egg to the White Cake Mix. Mix until combined.
4. Spray your counter top with cooking spray. Roll out the chocolate dough into a large rectangle with your trusty rolling pin. You want it to be about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Press the White Dough over the top of it with your fingers.
6. Grab your rolling pin and roll over the top to make things nice and smooth.
7. Roll the rectangle up starting at the long end. I used a handy spatula to be sure all of the dough was coming off the counter. It really didn’t stick much, but the spatula was helpful.
8. Place the cookie dough log on a large cookie sheet and cover with saran wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
9. With a sharp knife cut the cookie dough log into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
10. Place on a large sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes.
11. Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
12. In a glass measuring cup melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Only cook it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking period.
13. Dip one side of the cookie in the white chocolate, place on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Slide them into the refrigerator so the chocolate sets. This should only take about 15 minutes.
14. While the white chocolate is setting up melt the semi sweet chocolate the same way you melted the white.
15. Dip the cookies in the semi sweet chocolate and return to the fridge to set up.
You are ready to enjoy!
Two happy faces.
These two make life a lot of fun!
Have a great day everyone!
I have some more great recipes coming your way this week.
See you back here in a day or so!