Wow! That picture’s bright enough to knock your socks off, isn’t it!
It just shouts out….
No, I wasn’t a cheer leader in high school.
Those of you who know me from high school are nodding your head and thinking…
“Nope, no way (chuckle, chortle) that girl is not coordinated. Isn’t she the one with the husky male singing voice and really big feet?”
Those two qualities alone do not a cheer leader make.
But if I could cheer for this fabulous Molten Lava Cake, I would!
It is seriously like a party in your mouth my friends.
A fun old party.
This recipe makes 8 ramekins full of heavenly chocolate bliss.
(You could easily 1/2 the recipe if you only want 4 ramekins full of chocolate bliss.)
When your fork hits the center of the cake it just oozes out all over your plate….
I told you it was going to be a party in your mouth.
Molten Lava Cake
Yield: 8 Servings
Time: 40 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Kraft Foods
8 squares Baker’s Semi Sweet Chocolate
1 C butter (2 sticks)
2 C + 2 T powdered sugar
4 egg yolks
1 t vanilla
12 T flour
1. In a medium sized microwaveable dish melt your chocolate and butter. Heat it up in 1 minute intervals, taking it out and stirring between each interval.
2. When it’s nice and melted stir it all around to incorporate the butter into the chocolate.
3. Add the powdered sugar and stir to incorporate.
4. Add the eggs and egg yolks and blend them in with a wire whisk. Add the vanilla and salt and stir.
5. Stir in the flour.
6. Generously butter the insides of the Ramekins.
7. Pour the batter into the cups.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for 13 to 14 minutes. You want the out sides to be firm, but the center to be soft. Take them out of the oven and let the cute little darlings just sit there for a minute or two.
9. Run a knife around the edge of the dish and turn it upside down on your serving plate. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy the party!