Grilled Chicken Marinade

Grilled Chicken Marinade

Ok.
Do not fall off your chair.
This post is not a baked good.
We’ve gotten a little baked-good-heavy
 at Jamie Cooks It Up! lately, haven’t we my friends.
If the truth were to be known….I could benefit from a good solid month of cooking nothing but vegetables.
You could too?
Get out of here.
That is just crazy talk, now.
This week I have some great dishes planned for you.
Fabulous dishes that would be perfect to take to a
Memorial Day BBQ.
It is going to be Memorial Day soon, you know.
If you are in Utah like I am…it’s kind of hard to tell that it’s May!
Especially considering my plants in the ground are
covered in snow.
Snow.
I’m trying not to be bitter.
Just hoping the Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow.
Bet your Bottom Dollar my
plants in the ground are going to be dead as door nails.
I also wanted to mention that I was invited to do a guest post over at The New Old School. It’s a fun blog about making things from scratch and learning how to be more self reliant. Check it out
Grilled Chicken Marinade
Time: 5 minutes to mix marinade + 4 hours soaking in the fridge + 15 minutes to grill
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2  C (16 oz)  Coke or Pepsi
1/3 C soy sauce
1 T minced garlic
1/2 C brown sugar
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T lime juice
6 chicken breasts
1. Combine all ingredients but the chicken in a medium sized bowl. Stir to incorporate well.
2. Place chicken in a large gallon sized Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over the chicken. Seal tightly and store in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
3. Discard marinade and grill until cooked through.

May 25, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hi Jamie,

I can't believe there is still snow on the ground where you are. Here I am complaining that it was only in the mid 70s yesterday.

Thank you for sharing this marinade. I've never used soda in a marinade before.

May 25, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I hear ya sister about the snow! I look forward to this week's grilling recipe. This one sounds tasty and easy!

May 25, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Thanks for the marinade recipe(it contains my favorite ingredient…Coke). I will be trying it this weekend (and Idaho isn't any better; it snowed on my BBQ last weekend). This bakeaholic doesn't mind all the baking recipes,either. You're the best!!!!

Kristie Heilers
    May 25, 2010 at 8:04 pm

It's 84* here today and it was 92* yesterday gotta love Indiana weather! The recipe looks great I've tried something similiar and cooked it in the crockpot Loved It!

May 25, 2010 at 8:13 pm

The Coke ingredient interests me! I love trying new recipes – this looks great, especially since I eat chicken at least 4 nights a week :P

xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls

Yael
    June 1, 2010 at 11:46 pm

I just made this on Memorial Day – Great reviews!!!! We all really enjoyed it – TX!

March 10, 2011 at 1:18 pm

It's a good recipe indeed. I think we can't ignore the way like you redact this useful steps, but I didn't knew it, vinegar is made from the fermentation of a variety of sources mainly containing carbohydrates and sugars.
    j2j3

January 24, 2012 at 9:57 pm

This sounds yummy. Would you suppose diet soda would work in this as that is the only kind we have around the house at the moment.

January 25, 2012 at 1:58 am

Anonymous,
    Diet cola would work just fine. Good luck! Hope you love it!

Tami
    May 16, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I tried this marinade yesterday on boneless, skinless chicken tenders, then used tin foil and olive oil on the grill like your brother-in-law does. It was delicious, and everyone wanted the recipe. I used diet cola because that's all I had… worked out perfectly! Thanks for all your fabulous recipes!