Those of you who live in a warm and
heavenly climate might be thinking
“Why in the world would this chic post a soup recipe in May?”
Well, because it has been raining here all week
and it is
cold, cold, cold.
So there you have it.
A little soul warming soup from JamieCooksItUp.
Love this soup.
I really do.
It’s chuck full of veggies, flavorful, and my kids love it.
Anything that my kids love AND is healthy is a keeper!
Italian Tortellini Soup
Yield: 12 servings
Time: 1 hour
Recipe by Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 lb. hamburger
1 1/2 t minced garlic
salt and pepper
3 14.5 oz cans Italian Stewed Tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 6 oz can tomato paste
8 C water
8 t beef bullion
1 green pepper, chopped
1 C carrots, chopped
1 C fresh or frozen green beans, chopped
1 can kidney beans
1 C zucchini, chopped
salt and pepper
1 pk. Good Seasoning Italian Dressing Mix
1 can tomato soup
1 20 oz pkg Cheese Tortellini (I used the refrigerated kind, but you can easily use dried.)
1. Brown your hamburger in a large skillet with the onion, garlic and a bit of salt and pepper.
2. Put the canned tomatoes in a blender and blend them up nice and lovely like. Just for 30 seconds or so.
3. Put the meat mixture, blended tomatoes and all other ingredients BUT THE TORTELLINI and TOMATO SOUP into a large soup pot. Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes. I like to leave the lid partially on. Less to clean up, and it keeps the heat some what trapped.
4. In a separate medium sized sauce pan cook the tortellini according to package directions. Be sure not to over cook it. When it’s done drain the water from the tortellini and add it to the large soup pot.
5. Stir in the tomato soup and let it simmer for just 5 more minutes.
Make the soup.
Eat it well.
Let it keep you warm.
Lovingly look at the rain on your tulips while you eat
this hearty soup….
Soon it will be a hot and fiery
100 degrees along the Wasatch Front.
Just you wait. (Henry Higgins)
And eat your soup.
Pinterest friendly image below…
Thanks for dropping by today!