Pepperoni Pasta Salad

Pepperoni Pasta Salad

I have one more salad recipe for you this week.
Hippity, hip-hooray!
Today it’s all about a great, flavorful pasta salad.
Have you ever made a pasta salad, poured a lot of dressing all over it and then put it into the fridge until you were ready to serve it?
Pasta noodles really have a way of soaking up all that dressing in a hurry. The down side is….it doesn’t really soak up the
flavor of the dressing.
I have found adding a little olive oil and seasonings to the pasta, letting it chill out in the fridge for a bit….and then adding your dressing just before serving makes a
flavorless pasta salad jump up and cry out
“You better believe it baby! You are going to LOVE me.”
Isn’t that just what you want?
Pasta Salad with Personality.
Everything is better with a little personality, now isn’t it.
Pepperoni Pasta Salad
Time: 20 minutes + 1 hour refrigeration
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1  -16 oz package multicolored pasta
1 small can olives
3 large carrots
1 green pepper
1/2 bunch green onions
2  tomatoes (or 1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes)
3/4 C pepperoni
1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
2 T olive oil
1 T Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning
1 t sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (I use Light)
1. Boil up your pasta, rinse in cool water and set it aside in a large bowl.
2. Chop up your veggies and the pepperoni.
3. Add all ingredients, but the Zesty Italian Dressing to the pasta and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
5. Just before serving pour the Zesty Italian Dressing on to taste.

May 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm

What a great idea about adding seasoning and a bit of olive oil to really make a pasta salad pop! Thanks for sharing!!

May 29, 2010 at 12:56 am

Thanks for reminding me of this one! I used to often make a very similar one that I loved. I remember mine had small cubes of provolone cheese in it instead of the Parmesan though. Either would be delicious!

June 21, 2010 at 1:50 pm

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 3, 2010 at 12:49 am

I just made some and it was really awesome! I like the color and the combination of the ingredients!

March 8, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I have been eating pastes since I lived in Italy, I think that it is the best food in the world, I have recipe : 1 small can olives, some cheese, tomatoes,onions, cilantro,spaghettis and pork.!! oh my gad it is so delicious!22dd

September 2, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Dude I have to say I'm so glad to find your blog, even though I did it by a fluke. The information posted here is interesting and entertaining. In short, a really nice blog.

December 3, 2011 at 8:41 am

Good to know someone I could share my ideas. Looking forward to know and learn some more from you.

June 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm

What is Johnny's Garlic seasoning? I don't think we have that in Ohio.

Help
    August 14, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Your site with all the ads and surveys is just TOO MUCH! It takes forever to get around because you constantly have things loading and moving and ugh! It could be great but it’s just too cluttered.