White Chocolate Coconut Cookies

White Chocolate Coconut Cookies

I think in my previous life I may have been a
furry-blue Sesame Street character.
Yep.
I’m talking about the one that can only say a couple of words and always refers to himself as “Me want….”
The one who goes berserk every time he hears the word
COOKIE.
Oh…..cookies.
I don’t think there is anything this side of Saturn that tastes better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven.
These White Chocolate Coconut Cookies are fabulous!
If Cookie Monster were to taste them he just may give up his Chocolate Chip regulars, folks.
He just might.
Maybe the sophistication of White Chocolate would help his vocabulary increase!
You never know…..white chocolate can
do strange things to a person.
Or a monster.
Or a person who might have
been a furry-blue monster in a previous life,
 but still has
                    COOKIES…….
                                                                  COOKIES……..
                                                                      COOKIES…….
on the mind a good deal of the time.
White Chocolate Coconut Cookies

1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C coconut, chopped up

Instructions

1. In a Kitchen Aid mixer or in a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Let it mix for about 3 minutes.
2. Add your egg, milk and vanilla and mix for 2 more minutes.
3. In a separate small mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar and mix for 1 minute.
5. Pour in your white chocolate chips and coconut. Mix just until combined.
6. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Press the balls down just a bit and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. The real key to making heavenly cookies, is baking them well. You don't want to over bake, folks. Crispy cookies are not nearly as wonderful as chewy ones! Watch the cookies. When they start to crack, and are just slightly golden around the edges take them out of the oven. I have a convection oven and so I cooke them at 325 for 7 minutes.  Let them continue to cook on the hot cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy!

Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Pinterest friendly image below…
White Chocolate Coconut Cookies I Jamie Cooks It Up!
 Thanks for dropping by today!

May 10, 2010 at 4:40 am

Ohmanohmanohman, Jamie, those look so good. I am not a big coconut fan, but by the sight of these I'd be willing to be one just for a little taste of those cookies. They look so good! 😀

May 10, 2010 at 5:15 am

I'm a new reader to your page, and *DROOOOOOOOOL* I will be checking it every day from now on!! (I think I found your page from a cousin's or sister's, or hmmmm… the possibilities are endless, but I'm SOOO glad I did finally!)

Thank you for making me now have to go get some cookies and milk – I don't usually raid the kitchen this time of night, but…

Tonight, it's happening, and THIS recipe will definitely be a birthday surprise for my youngest's 15th birthday this weekend! (of course, I'll have to make a batch first to see how they turn out before making them for her)

🙂

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! (great pictures, too!)

May 10, 2010 at 6:33 am

Oh, I love how you made these white chocolate!! They look perfect!

May 10, 2010 at 7:20 am

Absolute beauties, this is going into my bookmarks! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
    *kisses* HH

May 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm

All these yummy recipes you are posting are making it hard to be good.

May 10, 2010 at 9:02 pm

I think I was cookie monster in a previous life too. I obsess about cookies, homemade cookies that is. Nothing is more fun than making cookies! Noone in my family likes coconut. Would it ruin the cookies if I left out the coconut?

May 10, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Amber,
    You could indeed leave out the coconut. Let me know how they turn out!

May 12, 2010 at 7:03 am

AMAZING COOKIES!!! And may I just say 1 or 2 minutes make a BIG difference. I can taste the coconut and the white chocolate in the first batch and the second batch I cooked it longer by a minute and they were just okay…not at all like the first. Definitely watch your timing!
    My mother-in-law can't to try them!!! Thank you for another AMAZING recipe.

May 12, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Audra,
    I'm so glad you have tried them! And yes, the cooking time makes a huge difference. Way to go!
    Thanks for letting me know how well they turned out.

May 13, 2010 at 12:49 am

Ok, seriously the yummiest, creamiest, softest, moistest, chewiest, tastiest, richest cookies EVER! So glad I ran to Smith's today for white chocolate chips and coconut! It was SOOOO worth it! (& I don't usually even like coconut!) 🙂 Thanks Jamie for making me fatter. 🙂

May 14, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Ok, so I was dying for a second batch and didn't have enough white chocolate chips left…so, I used some white and some milk chocolate chips (about 1/2 and 1/2)…still yummy, but not nearly as good as all white chocolate! My kids who wouldn't touch the “tan” chocolate chip cookies LOVED the 1/2 and 1/2 cookies…so, I guess it was a win/win. I did go to the store today for more white chocolate chips today though…here comes my 3rd batch. 🙂

May 14, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Apparently I really wanted you to know that I went to the store TODAY…hence using the word today so many times. 🙂 Next time I will proofread before I post a comment. 🙂

May 15, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I have been food blog hopping for days now and I must say, your blog is beautiful!! I put it in my favorites! I can't wait to try those white chocolate coconut cookies!! YUM!

Diane~

June 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I finally had a chance to make these and oh they lived up to everything I had imagined. I did add the zest of one lime to the batter. Extra Yummy! Thanks for sharing your talent and cooking expertise.

October 6, 2010 at 12:42 am

I made these tonight. My oldest daughter loves white chocolate and I needed to use up some coconut in the fridge. They are so moist, rich, and delicious. This is definitely a keeper for my recipe file! Thanks!

October 11, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I need to use up some coconut and white chocolate chips and went searching for a recipe and found this site. Made them yesterday and there is not one left. Perfect! Can't wait to try the Lemon Cookies with white chocolate. Thanks. The recipe is a keeper.

jenny uchaipichat
    December 11, 2010 at 5:38 am

fantastic cookies

Thanks !!!!

February 13, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I made these and they turned out AMAZING! So easy, and so delicious! Perfect texture and perfect balance of sweetness. Thanks!

melanie
    May 16, 2011 at 5:41 am

Oh my gosh, I'm making these tomorrow. I could kick myself for not buying white choc chips at the last Smith's sale, I bought all choc. I love love love reading your blog more than anything though, you are so funny you make my day! I wish you were my next door neighbor, or my sister, or aunt, or… what ever – we need someone like you in our family to help us with our boring meals!! Your blog is the best!!

July 21, 2011 at 5:21 am

Kim introduced me to this blog…wow–everything is making me hungry! Beautiful creations…you are very talented with your baking/cooking/& photography 😉 Can't wait to try more—made the S'more indoor cookies–everyone gave them an A+ and begged for the recipe 😀

January 12, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I made these yesterday and all I can say is yumm! This recipe is a keeper.

April 23, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Would you use fresh coconut for this or packaged?

April 24, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Hi Becca,
      Packaged coconut would work best. Good luck!

May 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Does this dough do well when doubled? I have no butter on hand and may have to use margarine…I DO hope it turns out as delicious as these look!

Jackie
    April 20, 2014 at 6:42 am

Mine didn’t crack. Does anyone have any idea why?

maude
    April 8, 2017 at 7:24 pm

ummmm can’t wait to make these. they have all my favorite ingredients.