Good mornin’ sunshine! I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day Celebration. Hopefully as you browse the web this morning, your fingers aren’t burned from any firework mishaps. That would really be a shame, to have burned fingers. Or burned anything, for that matter!
We especially don’t want anyone to burn these muffins.
A couple of weeks ago we were getting ready
to go to my sisters house for a BBQ.
LittleTwinBoyAaon (soon to be 4) asked me if they had a trampoline that he could jump on. I said that I wasn’t sure,
we’d have to see when we got there.
He took his big brother Marks hand (soon to be teen) and said
“Hey Mark, if they don’t have one let’s not cry about it…okay?”
“Okay, buddy. I’ll try not to.” answered Mark.
That’s a good life lesson, don’t you think?
If life doesn’t go your way….let’s not cry about it, okay?
Pretty good motto.
Unless you’re hormonal.
Then, go ahead and cry me a river. Everything seems a lot better after you get it out of your system.
Just don’t burn the muffins while you cry…..or at the very least don’t get your salty teardrops in the batter. No reason to ruin a perfectly good batch of muffins just because of a silly thing like hormones.
You are going to love these babies. I have tried many blueberry muffin recipes in the past. None have ever
turned out to be blog worthy.
(Hate it when that happens! I didn’t cry about it, okay?)
But this fine recipe will be worth your time, my friends. Worth it, and worth it, and worth it. The crumbly top is just a bite of pure heaven and the inside is moist and perfectly sweet.
That’s enough to get anyone out of a hormonal funk….
go ahead, cry about that one.
Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumb Topping
Yield: 12 muffins
Time: 30-40 minutes
1 1/2 C flour
3/4 C sugar
1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/3 C canola oil (or vegetable)
2/3 C milk
1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 C white sugar
1/3 C flour
1/4 C butter, cubed
1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
1. In a medium sized bowl stir together the dry ingredients. In a small bowl whisk together the wet….then, let the two worlds collide, folks. Stir just until incorporated, don’t over mix.
2. Add the blueberries and stir ever so carefully. You don’t want that beautiful purple juice spreading all over into your batter. If it does, let’s not cry about it okay? Let’s just be happy about our lives. It is summer after all, and the world is a beautiful place. And we’re making muffins. All good things, my friends.
3. To make the crumb topping choose your self out a small bowl and mix up the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the cubed, cold butter and smash it all around with a pastry blender or fork.
4. This is what you’re looking for, nice crumbly crumbs.
5. Line your muffin tins with liners (or don’t, if you don’t have any….let’s not cry if we don’t, okay?) Fill the liners 3/4 of the way full, then sprinkle with the crumb topping.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
Beautiful Crumb Topped muffins.
Cry a few tears of joy…..these muffins deserve to
be applauded in such a manner.