Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello!
Hats off to ya.
Hope you are well.
And feelin’ swell.
If you need a little something to smile about click here to enter a fun Sassy Apron Giveaway sponsored my www.cookware.com
They will be sending one of you fine ladies a snappy new apron!

If that doesn’t perk up your day,
I do believe you are going to be feeling swell
 after you have a bite of one of these
down right fabulous,
heavenly on the palate,
make your day
and put a smile on your face…….

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
(Go ahead and applaud…..these cookies deserve it!)

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: about 70 cookies
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C butter softened
1 C shortening
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C white sugar
4 eggs
2 t vanilla
1 t water
3 C flour
2 t baking soda
2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t cinnamon
4 C oatmeal (quick cooking or regular)
4 C chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet, I like the milk)

1. Cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar. Cream the mixture well, now! I would get to creaming this buttery bliss for about 4 minutes. Add your eggs and beat for 2 minutes more.
2. Add your vanilla and water and mix just until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (all but the chocolate chips) together with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and stir to incorporate. Add your chocolate chips, give them a stir to incorporate and you are good to go.
5. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
6. Bake at about 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (For convection ovens bake at 325 for 6 1/2 minutes). Don’t over bake my friends! When your cookies have cracks down the middle, take them out and let them finish cooking on the pan for about 3-5 minutes.
Then…..yum.
Yum-balina.
Scum-diddlie-umtious.
Swell….real swell!

July 27, 2010 at 3:21 pm

SO glad to see this recipe of yours finally posted! They truly are a piece of heaven with every bite!! ~Loves

July 27, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Yum! Oatmeal cookies are my favorite, yours look so yummy! I'd be tempted to switch out the chips for raisins :)

July 27, 2010 at 4:47 pm

You are tempting me to whip up a big batch of cookies! Shame on you….the diet was going so well until I read this post! Maybe if a make mini cookies I could sample a few?!?

July 27, 2010 at 9:14 pm

These cookies look SO TEMPTING!!! I love the soft middle. Goodness!!

P.S. The aprons are for women only?

July 28, 2010 at 1:32 am

Jamie,
    I just love your blog and your delicious recipes.
    thanks so much…keep them coming

July 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm

I am baking these amazing cookies as I type this comment. I did swap out the chocolate chips for butterscoth & added coconut (I had about a cup just sitting in my cupboard, begging to be added). These are my new favorite cookie. SO good, I may just have to hide them from myself in the bottom of the freezer!
    Thanks for the recipe, Jamie!

February 19, 2014 at 6:54 am

Tha’ts the best answer of all time! JMHO

July 28, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Always a favorite!

July 31, 2010 at 6:16 pm

SO I stumbled onto your blog, and my name being Jamie (spelled correctly) I was automatically sold. All of your recipes look so amazing and your ties with the lion house recipes making them better for the rest of us, amazing. But I really wanted to tell you that my husband's favorite cookies are oatmeal chocolate chip, however I have always just tried to add oatmeal to a chocolate chip recipe, they're always hard and not very good. This recipe was perfect. I love them, he loves them. Thank you for sharing your recipes!

August 2, 2010 at 10:02 pm

First time here..Love u'r blog..Cookies are yummm!!!!Can I halve the recipe??Thanx

August 3, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I loved your Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip cookies – so I know I will love these too! I brag about your blog to everyone and on Facebook too! Thanks for having such an inspirational blog!

August 3, 2010 at 10:26 pm

August 5, 2010 at 3:34 am

Jamie, these are pure heaven! I have a good oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have been making for probably 10 years. Every time I make them someone asks for the recipe. I wanted to try this recipe to see how it compares. OH MY GOSH!!!! Your recipe is perfection! When I started the recipe, I realized after it was too late that I was making a HUGE batch. I kept thinking, “If I ever make these again I'd only make 1/2.” Well, since they stayed soft for DAYS after I made them, we had no problem polishing off all of them. That was the biggest problem with my old recipe, they dried out after a day and then no one wanted to eat them. My kids are BEGGING me to make these again. Looks like they'll have to wait in line behind the new lemon white chocolate cookie recipe you just posted. :)

August 5, 2010 at 4:08 am

Kim,
    This does make a huge batch. I often times freeze half of the dough, so I can keep making them fresh. Glad to know that they keep well. Thanks!

Ramya,
    You can indeed 1/2 the recipe.

February 7, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I’m Heather and I read your blog from Temecula, CA.I really love your taste and the paper crtafs you do! I have printed many of your subway art! Thank you.

Sara
    September 7, 2010 at 12:14 am

I Probably should have “really” read through this including the comments, before deciding to double the batch! My husband and I are were almost in tears laughing at how many cookies we are going to have, not to mention how many days I will be baking them for!
    All my neighbors will be thrilled though!! These are baking (only the first batch… looks like I have many more to go) and they smell amazing! Oh goodness i better continue baking….. LOL

January 22, 2011 at 1:14 am

Does this recipe in deed have eggs in it? I made the cookies following the directions and looked back at the ingredients AFTER they were cooked and noticed that there were supposed to be eggs in it. They tasted amazing so they are good without. Just wondering for next time I make them. Thanks

March 11, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Hi there. I am newbie to your site. I just absolutely love it. The pics and the stories are just wonderful. I am just salivating over the pics. I can imagine how they taste! Wow, it's still breakfast time here in Phoenix, AZ & I would love to have 1 of each of these dishes please!
    I made these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last night & I jumped all the way in my extra points for my weight watchers plan last night! I shared some with 4 neighbors last night & they LOVED them. Wonderfully delicious! Will be making again.

August 22, 2011 at 1:02 am

same question as the anonymous poster from Jan 21… the recipe calls for eggs then never says when to add them
    I'll assume its with the vanilla and water…?

August 22, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Anonymous,
    Thanks for the heads up. I must of let the January comment slip through the cracks. Add the eggs after you have creamed the butter and sugar. Beat it for 2 minutes more. Thanks! Have a good one!

September 4, 2011 at 3:04 am

I cut the recipe in half and it was delicious! I will be adding this one to my recipe box. Thank you for sharing.

Jen
    May 6, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Delicious!!!!! Just took the first batch out of the oven…..they will be the new family favourites!!! Thanks for sharing your recipes!

May 21, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I'm going to try to make these with raisins instead of chocolate, too, since that's what I'm craving. I'm pretty sure it will be okay. I'm excited to try your lemon cookies, too. I'm going to make them for my sister-in-laws baby shower.