Hats off to ya.
Hope you are well.
And feelin’ swell.
If you need a little something to smile about click here to enter a fun Sassy Apron Giveaway sponsored my www.cookware.com.
They will be sending one of you fine ladies a snappy new apron!
If that doesn’t perk up your day,
I do believe you are going to be feeling swell
after you have a bite of one of these
down right fabulous,
heavenly on the palate,
make your day
and put a smile on your face…….
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
(Go ahead and applaud…..these cookies deserve it!)
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: about 70 cookies
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C butter softened
1 C shortening
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C white sugar
2 t vanilla
1 t water
3 C flour
2 t baking soda
2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t cinnamon
4 C oatmeal (quick cooking or regular)
4 C chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet, I like the milk)
1. Cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar. Cream the mixture well, now! I would get to creaming this buttery bliss for about 4 minutes. Add your eggs and beat for 2 minutes more.
2. Add your vanilla and water and mix just until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (all but the chocolate chips) together with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and stir to incorporate. Add your chocolate chips, give them a stir to incorporate and you are good to go.
5. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
6. Bake at about 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (For convection ovens bake at 325 for 6 1/2 minutes). Don’t over bake my friends! When your cookies have cracks down the middle, take them out and let them finish cooking on the pan for about 3-5 minutes.