Sesame Noodles

Sesame Noodles

Oh, my summer lovin’ friends!
Do I have a series of great recipes for you this week. These wonderful Sesame Noodles are first on the list. They come together very quickly really. You can make the sauce in the time it takes to boil the noodles.
OOOO…. AHHHHH……
 that sound like a nice idea doesn’t it. If you are finding yourself wrapped up in a heat wave, never fear. These lovely noodles won’t heat your house up much at all. Come on back tomorrow and check out what I like to serve with these tasty noodles. However they would be wonderful served with any Asian style meal.On a side note….I have been researching the best way to provide printable recipes for you all. (You know my tech skills are extremely mediocre, so these things take me a bit of time to study up on.)  The print button I had installed a few weeks ago seemed a bit of a mess, as it printed off everything in the post, pictures….my silly commentary, ect… Now, you will see the words PRINT RECIPE at the top of each recipe. This will take you to a separate page where you’ll be able to print just the recipe off in black and white.
I hope this makes things easier for those of you
who like to print these puppies off.

Myself included! You ought to see the chicken scratch these recipes start out as! It’s nice to see them in crisp black and white once they have been printed off

The only down side is….it will take me some time to go through recipes that have already been posted and add them to the printable page. I am hoping to get those all printable as well….in due time.
In the mean time…get ready to fall in love with these Sesame Noodles! See you back here tomorrow!

Sesame Noodles
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe from MyHandsomeHusband

4 T soy sauce
3 T brown sugar
2 T sesame oil
1/2 T peanut butter
1 t  hot chili oil
1 T olive oil
1 T white sugar
1 small can mushrooms, chopped
3-4 green onions, chopped
1/2 T sesame seeds
1 16 oz package Capellini Noodles (or thin spaghetti noodles)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While your noodles simmer away, add all ingredients but the mushrooms, green onions and sesame seeds, into a large mixing bowl. Stir them all up nicely so they are incorporated well.
3. When the noodles are done cooking, pour them into a strainer to drain all of the hot water. Immediately add the noodles to the sauce. Add the mushrooms and sesame seeds and stir it all up. Sprinkle with the green onions and you are ready to serve, folks. Ready to serve, and eat, and serve, and eat…and just ready to enjoy the summer time!

July 14, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Jamie those lookfabulous and I love that red bowl. I miss you guys!! :(

July 14, 2010 at 3:15 pm

What is hot chili oil and where would I find it in the store?

July 14, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Marianne,
    Hot chili oil can be found in the Asian food section of most grocery stores. I couldn't find it at my local Walmart, but Smith's (Kroger) carried it. Good Luck!

July 14, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Hi Jamie! I have been reading your cute blog for a few weeks or so and have made a few of your recipes. I made your m&m sugar cookies last night and they were very good! I also made your french bread over the weekend… my family LOVED it! I will definately be making it again (& the cookies). I wanted to let you know I love your new print button option. I just printed this recipe and cant wait to make it!

July 15, 2010 at 12:45 am

Made these tonight as a side to some grilled kabobs. They are really good!

July 15, 2010 at 2:18 am

I have some leftover, homemade spaghetti in the fridge. I will try this out tomorrow! Thanks for sharing this dish with us.

July 15, 2010 at 6:03 pm

WooHoo! I can't tell you how excited I was to see the PRINT button back up! Thank you thank you!!! You must be Very techy indeed!

July 18, 2010 at 2:31 am

have you ever tried throwing broccoli or green beans in these? (that way I wouldn't have to worry about a veggie). . .hmmmm–maybe I'll just try it. . .

July 18, 2010 at 4:02 am

Melanie,
    I haven't tried adding other veggies, but that sounds delish. It would be great to make it a one dish meal. Let me know how it turns out!

July 19, 2010 at 9:04 am

Delicious looking noodles.

August 17, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I loved this. Served with the asian grilled chicken. I didn't have the chili oil, but I used a few spoonfuls of chili garlic sauce and it was amazing!

June 6, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Served these noodles and your Asian chicken for the holiday crowd and they were a big hit!! Yummy and oh-so EASY.

June 13, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I made these last night for a big family party along with your egg drop soup, won tons and few of my own Asian Recipes. So good. You are amazing to take the time to share your recipes with us. I have made a bunch of your recipes, I have not tried one that I did not love. I check daily for your newest ones. Thanks for the monthly Menu plan and the fun ideas for the kids this summer. So excited to see what comes next. You and your blog are fabulous. Thanks for sharing

June 13, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Hi Anna,
    My goodness! I can't believe you made all of those dishes for one party. You go girl. So glad they all turned out well!
    Have a good one.

January 24, 2012 at 10:32 am

does T mean tbsp, and t mean tsp

January 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Yes, T for Tablespoon and t for teaspoon. Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Carley
    September 9, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Love, love, love this recipe! I make it once a week and make a big batch so I can have leftovers. It’s my 5-year old’s most requested meal. She likes it with some grilled kielbasa and roasted asparagus. Thanks for sharing!