Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Hello
I love you
Won’t you tell me your name…
The name.
The name of these Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins has been the subject of a bit of a debate between TeenSonMark and I. When I was taking these pictures, I put a zucchini in the background for one or two shots. Mark said something really wise like,
“No one is going to read a blog that talks about zucchini, Mom. Seriously, let me advise you.”
(I am not kidding….he says those words all the time!)
“If I were looking for recipes and I came across the word zucchini or any pictures of that green monster of a vegetable
I would NOT read that blog.”
And though it pains me to loose any teenage boys that may be following this blog…..
(chuckle, snort, like there are any….)
I opted to go with the zucchini.
Call me crazy, but I think you Moms and Dads out there
might just
have a whole pile of zucchini to deal with and
might just
appreciate this treasure of a recipe.
PS…..TeenSonMark ate no less than 7 of these muffins in one day.
That was wise.
They are fabulous!
Bring on the green monster of a vegetable.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
1/2 t nutmeg
1 1/2 C oil
1 1/2 C milk
3 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 C shredded zucchini
1 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips (the original recipe calls for only 1 C, but I added an extra 1/2 C……I can’t help myself, I’ve got a chocolate addiction, seriously.)
1. Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk. Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients.

2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl with a wooden spoon.

3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir, just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and you are ready for the muffin pan baby.
4. Line your muffin tin with cupcake holders and fill a bit more than 2/3 of the way full.

5. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.

There you have it….
the green monster of a vegetable in all it’s glory.

August 2, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Gonna have to try these Jamie and tell you son that I have done many post on the green monster of vegetable and many people still read my blog and enjoy the green monster posts.

August 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I love zucchini! These muffins look fantastic!

Congrats on winning the apron Julie!!

August 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Mmmmmmm, these look SO yummy! Delish! 🙂

August 2, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I use a very similar recipe and make a cake out of it. I'll have to try some individual servings and make cup cakes next time. I love the chocolate chips too. Thanks for the recipe. No need for frosting on these beauties.

August 2, 2010 at 5:07 pm

I love, LOVE zucchini!!! I will be making these REAL soon!!

August 2, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Perfect recipe for this time of year

August 2, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Ok…so I stumbled on your blog and I am LOVING it! I was looking for the breadsticks my mother-in-law makes…you have the recipe! Yeast and I have a love-hate relationship. I love breads…but yeast has it out for me as I have yet to be successful w/ baking any form of bread…I am not giving up though. look forward to checking out all the other goodies you have here! Although I am sure my hips won't!

August 2, 2010 at 11:46 pm

sometimes it is just as MAMA SAYS!!! We love zucchini anything around here, sorry sonny!! =)

August 3, 2010 at 12:59 am

Great disguise for those green veggies taking up space in my refrigerator. I love them but no one else does. Now if you can come up with a beet muffin I'd be all set!

August 3, 2010 at 2:33 am

Scrambledhenfruit,
    Beet muffins! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

August 3, 2010 at 2:40 am

If my teenage son starts reading cooking blogs I'm going to take his temperature(and I won't be putting the thermometer under his tongue,either!). I love this recipe. My zucchini is just starting to produce.

August 3, 2010 at 4:04 am

I'm making these tomorrow!!

Oh and here you go! LOL

August 3, 2010 at 4:50 am

TightwadMom and Jennie….you two are killing me! Beet muffins really exist!? What a hoot! Too bad I didn't plant any!
    Take it easy with that thermometer!
    Good times ladies. Thanks for your funny comments,

August 4, 2010 at 3:39 am

Yummy!! Had to share this recipe!!
    BTW- I've totally put beets in chocolate cake before. It makes it a red velvet cake without having to use all of that food dye and it makes it really moist- much like the zucchini does. Although I just use canned beets- way easier than growing them and they just taste like dirt anyway!

August 4, 2010 at 5:17 am

I've just been introduced to your blog, and I love it! I also LOVE zucchini recipes. Thank you. I made the baked zuccini slices with the mozzerella cheese last week for my whole family, and it was a huge hit! thank you!

August 4, 2010 at 2:38 pm

The zucchini muffins will go into my recipe box. They look great and I'm sure that taste just as great.

Patricia

August 4, 2010 at 3:14 pm

YUM! I'm going to have to give these a try! Love this combo!

Mary xo

August 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Tried these and LOVED them! I was totally surprised by their fantastic flavor and just the right amount of sweetness. Everyone I shared them with loved them, too! Thanks.

August 8, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I made these and my kids couldn't stop eating them. I also gave some to a few friends and they called me immediately and said how wonderful they were. Thank You!

August 13, 2010 at 9:28 am

Found this on Tastespotting! Thanks for the recipe! It was simple and the results, fabulous! They're moist, light, and oh so chocolatey! Yum, yum!

September 9, 2010 at 1:39 am

This is SSSOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!

September 27, 2010 at 2:48 am

these were the BEST muffins i have ever made. thank you sooo much. they are going to be one of my main recipes from now on 🙂

January 4, 2011 at 8:55 am

the recipe's great!

March 16, 2011 at 2:22 am

I had one last bag of frozen shredded zucchini languishing around in the freezer and an itch to use it with chocolate. Some people are just sick. Glad you're one of them. These were great. Thanks. I'm going to try to healthify them so i don't feel guilty eating 10 million. I'll let you know how it turns out (feel free to ignore it if you think healthifying a perfectly good muffin is a sin). Thanks again.

March 16, 2011 at 3:03 am

Jeanie,
    I would love to hear how the healthy version turns out! Good luck…hope they are fantastic.

July 24, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I just made your muffins (with a few personal tweaks!) They turned out great, thanks!

Brandy
    July 27, 2011 at 12:16 am

I cannot explain how awesome these muffins turned out! Super moist and chocolate-y. They were a huge hit and I'm definitely making another batch soon!

August 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I made these this past Sunday, and my muffins didn't look as appetizing as you photos. : (

I had coupons (bought for like .25/each) to buy Reynolds Bakes For You StayBrite Baking Cups, and used those for this baking adventure. I was impressed! The cups “fell away” from the muffins, not sticking at all. Amazing! I just posted a pic on my FB page. : )

Michelle
    August 14, 2014 at 7:47 am

Have you ever tried freezing these?

August 15, 2014 at 8:38 am

Michelle,
      They freeze like a dream. 🙂

Michelle
        August 15, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Ok, thanks! I am stocking my freezer for my next baby. Just made these, and they were moist and delicious!

February 22, 2016 at 3:48 pm

I love these, my boys love these, and I just tried a mini-version of them that turned out great! Thanks!