Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips

Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips

Here comes the weekend!
Woo Hoo!
I’ve got a whole day of canning spaghetti sauce planned for tomorrow. I’m hoping to have that recipe post up on Monday morning for you all.
But for today.
Oh today!
The most delicious Pumpkin Bread recipe this side of Texas.
Most likely the best Pumpkin Bread recipe
THAT side of Texas as well.
I also wanted to show you a couple of fantastic pans I was sent
to review by my friends at Cookware.com.
Check out this great Mini Loaf Pan. I love that the compartments are all in one tray. Much easier to manage than having 6 individual pans. The Pumpkin Bread cooked up really well
They also sent me this Muffin Top Pan. I used some of my bread batter and a little bit of strussel topping to put in this pan and just take a look…..
 They turned out super yummy!
I would recommend both of these pans to anyone interested in baking, and look forward to using them many times in the future! Thanks to Cookware.com
Give their site a little look. They’ve got a lot of great things there.
And now…..for the Pumpkin Bread you’ve been dreaming of….
Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
Time: 10 minutes prep + 30 minutes baking time
Yield: 6 mini loaves
Recipe from my sister in law Cynthia Gull
4 eggs
2 C sugar
1/2 C oil (the original recipe calls for 1 C….1/2 will do the trick!)
1 16 oz can pumpkin
2 C flour
2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
1 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
1/4 t clove
3/4 C mini chocolate chips

***NOTE*** This recipe doesn’t work super well with regular sized chocolate chips. I have made this mistake more than once! All of the chips sink to the bottom. Right down to the bottom. The mini chips just float around evenly in the batter. A much better option.

1. Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin together in a medium sized mixing bowl with a whisk. Mix them until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl combine all the other ingredients, but the chocolate chips. Mix these dry ingredients up with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix just until combined. Then fold in your chocolate chips.
4. Spray your bread pans with cooking spray and pour the batter in. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Stick a knife into the center to be sure the loaves are done. Let them cool on a wire rack.

HAPPY FALL!

September 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Looks yummy! I have had that problem with chips sinking until I saw an episode of the Barefoot Contessa. She said to lightly flour the chips or even raisins then gently stir them into the batter. The flour helps them to stay in the batter and not sink down to the bottom. So far it has worked in the muffins that I have made.

Lynn

September 10, 2010 at 3:08 pm

YUM! I can't wait to start baking with pumpkin! That sounds (and looks!) delish!

Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

September 10, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I LOVE pumpkin bread…I just don't love the chocolate chips in it. Thanks for the recipe.

September 10, 2010 at 4:26 pm

I just made your Pumpkin Roll 3 days ago for the first time and my family LOVED IT! I couldn't take looking at the photo in your banner anymore! lol I could not find canned pumpkin anywhere in my town of Pocatello, Idaho. I called our local Salvation Army and they agreed to trade me for something similiar (fruit pie filling)in exchange for a couple cans of Libby's Pumpkin. It's just crazy to think that there is such a shortage here. I will be stocking up on canned pumpkin as soon as it hits the shelves again! I have one can left so I can make this great looking pumpkin bread.

September 10, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Looks DIVINE

September 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm

This looks so good! And I LOVE the cool mini loaf pan. Gonna try it this weekend.

And Lynn- Thanks for the flouring the chocolate chips tip! I'll try to remember that!

September 10, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I've heard that if you roll your chocolate chips around in some flour before you put them in your batter that they wont sink to the bottom. Have you heard this? Does it work? :)

September 11, 2010 at 1:23 am

Samantha,
    I have heard of that idea, but haven't ever tried it. I'll have to give that a go next time I'm out of the minis. One of my readers left a comment saying she had tried the flour trick and that it works well. Good Luck!

Nunu
    September 11, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I love pumpkin bread!! Congrats on getting new pans, just in time for holiday baking. Does this recipe make 1 or 2 regular loaf pans?

September 11, 2010 at 10:01 pm

You don't have to flour the chocolate chips, just add them to the dry ingredients before adding the wet. It skips a step and it works. I have done it many times! Bread looks great Jamie!

September 11, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I absolutely love pumpkin bread and yours look yummy.

September 12, 2010 at 7:53 pm

I have some of those muffin top pans. However, everytime I use them – the bottom of the muffins seem to burn a little. How long did you cook them and at what temperature? THANKS for all of your WONDERFUL recipes!

September 13, 2010 at 1:00 am

Can't wait to try this recipe..I love pumpkin and I love chocolate..never thought about putting tham together..Thanks for this recipe

September 13, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I agree with Meganparker. You just add your chips to the dry ingredients and they won't sink to the bottom. Works every time. ; D

Love your recipes!

September 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Nunu,
    If I am using regular pans, I always double the recipe because one batch only makes 1 1/2 loaves. If doubled you can get 3.

Merilyn,
    I'm pretty sure I baked them at 350…maybe for about 12 minutes. Can't remember exactly!

Everyone,
    Thanks for the great tips about adding the chips to the dry ingredients. I will try it for sure!
    Thanks for the great advice!

September 30, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Good morning Jamie, I just made some of my favorite pumpkin muffins and wanted to share the pictures with you.

Have a yummy day!