Roasted Red Potatoes with Cheese

Well. There might be some of you who
put up a fuss about this….
but get ready.
Get set.
There are only 6 ingredients used to make these tasty
Roasted Red Potatoes with Cheese.
(And two of them are Salt and Pepper.)
I know. I know.
Some of you like to spend hours in the kitchen every weeknight cooking up gourmet meals for your 5 year olds.
This isn’t a gourmet type of side dish.
This is the family friendly, super tasty, easy peasy, dinner is
ON. THE. TABLE.
kind of pat your self on the back side dish.
You like that kind of idea!
Seriously!
Well.
I’m darn glad.

Give them a go
with some Sloppy Joe.
Roasted Red Potatoes with Cheese
Time: 10 minutes prep + 35 minutes cooking
Recipe adapted from Lipton Soup
8 medium sized red potatoes (10 C chopped)
1/4 C olive oil
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup mix
Salt and Pepper
1 C cheddar cheese
1. Chop up your taters. You need about 10 cups. Make sure they are about the same size so they cook evenly.
2. Pour those lovely potatoes into a 9×13 casserole dish. Add the oil and Onions Soup mix. Stir it all around to incorporate.
3. Bake at 425 for 35 minutes. Give them a few stirs in the middle of the baking time will ya? This will help them not to stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the potatoes. Turn the oven up to broil and let the cheese get all melted and bubbly. This should take less than 5 minutes. Don’t forget about them while you have your feet up eating your bon bons now. Mr. Broiler can not be left unattended. He can turn your fabulous side dish into a charcoal delight in no time flat.
ENJOY!

September 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm

This look GREAT!!! Cant wait to try it!

September 9, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Looks great with the mix, why didnt I think of that!

September 9, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Yum! My red potatoes are just about ready to come out of the garden! I will have to try this one!

September 9, 2010 at 7:11 pm

This is my kind of recipe!!!! It contains my two favorite ingredients…potatoes and cheese!

September 9, 2010 at 7:55 pm

This looks FABULOUS. I'll definitely have to try this one out!

September 10, 2010 at 12:07 am

Great recipe and a keeper! Thanks.

September 10, 2010 at 2:13 am

We had these tonight and they're simply simple and wonderful! LOVED that I had all the ingredients by chance! As always, thanks again!

September 11, 2010 at 1:05 am

I've always roasted my potatoes with onion soup and you just made it even better with cheddar cheese!

December 2, 2011 at 12:19 am

I made these a couple of nights ago and my family loved it! I had russet potatoes already so I used those. We had some leftover so I reheated them in my toaster oven and added some chopped up bacon. Everyone thought they tasted even better the second time, and not just because of the added bacon. :)