SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Suffice it to say, that I would be remiss if I didn’t post something wonderful for your French Dip Sandwiches

Sweet Potato Fries.

I have always wanted to try making them. They look so tasty with their lovely orange color. I was not disappointed!

Scrum-diddle-umptious.

I made a very EASY, two ingredient sauce to go with them. I couldn’t get enough of that sauce. YUM.

Some of my children wanted to drink it.

One of my kids said it was “Just OK, Mom”.

No harm done. All the more sauce and fries for those of us who appreciate fine flavor.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
FRIES:
5 small yams (“sweet potatoes” are actually a white-ish color on the inside…you want the lovely orange yams for this recipe.)
3 T olive oil
2 t Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 t  Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
DIPPING SAUCE:
1/3 C light Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
1/3 C Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
THE FRIES
1. Peel your yams.
2. Cut them into sticks and put them in a large bowl. It’s important that the sticks are about the same size so they cook evenly. Don’t get a ruler out or anything guys….just eye ball it.
3. Drizzle your olive oil over the top of the yams. Get your hands in the bowl and coat the beautiful yams with the oil.
4. Mix the Montreal Steak Seasoning and the Johnny’s Season Salt together in a small bowl.
5. Pour it over the top of the yams. Mix it well so that all the fries have oil and seasoning on them.
6. Spray two large cookie sheets with cooking spray and lay the fries out on to the sheets. They shouldn’t touch each other, now. You want them to keep their distance so each has the opportunity to get nice and golden-ish color. Orange-ish, golden is what I really meant to say. Trust me….you want the orange-ish golden. It’s a good thing.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes. Take the pans out of the oven. With a spatula or fork turn all of the fries over so they have a chance to cook on the other side. Return the pans to the oven and cook for 8 more minutes, or until soft on the inside. Serve hot with THE SAUCE.

THE SAUCE
1. Mix the sauce ingredients together well with a spoon. Wow. That was so easy. I love it when things are super easy…especially when they are super yummy. Makes my day, actually. Hope it makes yours!

October 7, 2010 at 3:39 am

Oh my… I love sweet potato fries! I'll definitely have to try this recipe. Yum!

October 7, 2010 at 5:09 am

These look so delicious. Perfect side dish for any sandwich or for snacking on. Plus, that barbecue dipping sauce sounds like it would really complement the fries well.

October 7, 2010 at 11:32 am

Sweet potato fries are perfect with beef and b-b-que sauce, YUM!

October 7, 2010 at 5:45 pm

I've always wanted to try these too. Your seasonings and dip sound just like you said, scrum diddle umptious!

October 11, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I have never made Sweet Potatoes fries, I am going to make them this week with grilled hamburgers.

Joyce Pruhs
    February 5, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Hi Jamie,
    Just discovered your site. Printed off several recipes to try but will have to cut them way down for just me.
    About Baked Sweet Potato Fries–found a hint that said to place the potato sticks on a rack over your baking sheet(I used my cooling rack) and they will get crispy without turning them. I tried a batch and they came out great–crispy on the outside and tender inside.

Tomas Akadian
    March 29, 2014 at 2:57 pm

I believe that you have the description of Sweet Potatoes & Yams mixed up. See this site for differences: http://homecooking.about.com/od/howtocookvegetables/a/sweetpotatodiff.htm

February 10, 2015 at 2:12 am

Of the panoply of website I’ve pored over this has the most veracity.

Mary
      June 10, 2017 at 12:04 pm

you are correct, however “yam fries” just don’t sound very appealing!

Sherry
    February 8, 2015 at 1:57 pm

I cook them on a rack so I don’t have to turn them. Don’t add spices until they come out of the oven and then only a sprinkle of cinnamon. Mmm