Lizzie’s Bake Sale, a successful story.

This.
 Is my friend Cindi.
Isn’t she a pretty little lady?
She bakes a mean sweet treat, in many forms.
She’s also EXTREMELY kind hearted.
She is the gal who organized
Lizzie’s Bake Sale
that was held this past Saturday.
Lizzie is our sweet 9 year old neighbor, who was diagnosed with Leukemia this past summer.
Cindi and I…along with many of our neighbors and friends put in a lot of hours this past week baking up all kinds of sweet treats for the Bake Sale.

Very Chocolate Cake with Hot Fudge….
were among the many sweet treats offered up.

Dark and early on Saturday morning I was baking up a grundle of Fabulous French Bread
And wouldn’t you know it!
It was raining cats and dogs outside.
Pouring, seriously.
The bake sale was slated to be outside in Cindi’s front yard.
Wow.
Bummer, I thought!
Soggy-Wet Sweet Rolls most likely won’t sale very well.

But then the rain stopped.
It got all calm, and mild, and wonderful.
We set up outside….
And then….

….the people came.
Lovely people, carrying a lot of kindness in their hearts.
Some of those people were you fine readers.
It was so very nice to meet you!
and supporting this cause.
It was so very good of you.

(FashionAnna and LittleTwinBoyNate)
The weather held for the first couple of hours,
and we sold a lot of goods!

After that the wind really kicked up, and we moved the remaining sweet treats up and in to Cindi’s garage.
People kept on coming….!
 We kept dishing out the sweets.
 It was a wonderful success and we
were able to bring in a grand total of
$2,300! for Lizzie and her family.
That is just amazing to me.
Truly amazing.
Thanks to all of you who baked your little hearts out.
Thanks to those of you who came, and supported this event with your hard earned money.
Bless you, bless you.
What a wonderful and very heart warming day.
 It was a beautiful thing to witness.

November 22, 2010 at 2:31 pm

This is Lizzie's Mom. I just have to say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! My husband and I are truly greatful for this amazing support. We are very blessed to have such wonderful friends that are willing to help us out. Our deepest gratitude & thanks!

November 22, 2010 at 3:53 pm

you guys are amazing! wondering if you could post the very chocolate cake with the hot fudge sauce… looks delish-

November 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Oh gosh this is just precious! What a wonderful, wonderful BAKE SALE for such a precious cause….absolutely precious! I love that the rain stopped just in time for all the goodies to remain dry – along with the fact that people continued to pour out their generiousity even when the Bake Sale was moved into the garage. The true meaning of a community coming together to help someone in need. :-)

November 22, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Wow! Such an amazing story! Lizzie and her family are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and neighbors!

November 22, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Hi Jamie! It's so fun to read your blog! I came to find recipes for Thanksgiving but what an amazing post today! Hope you're doing well!!! Everything looks so yummy…I'm about to print off about ten recipes right now! Thanks in advance!

-Dawn

November 22, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I wish I could have come. It sounds like you have a wonderful neighborhood to come together for something like that.

November 23, 2010 at 1:18 am

what an awesome job and an awesome amout raised. You should all be very proud of yourselves. Your hearts were diffinetly in the right place! Way to go….

November 23, 2010 at 1:32 am

It's just amazing how your community pulled together to support Lizzie and her family. That's what I call “Greatness”. All those goodies look so good. Happy Thanksgiving Jamie!

February 7, 2014 at 9:44 pm

As a Trulia newbie, I am binennigg to wonder if Trulia really does have a customer service department? I am also a paying customer, having bought enhanced featured homes, yet nobody has responded to any of my emails in spite of the one business day response commitment. If I am paying for a service I should not have to depend on the agent community to answer my questions as some of them are as lost as I am.There is no phone number available anywhere to speak to a live person and that makes it even more difficult.I would appreciate it if someone could contact me at this email address to tell me how to contact your support people so I can get my questions answered and my technical problems solved.

Keri Curtis
    November 23, 2010 at 4:54 pm

I wish I was there to buy the goodies…

November 23, 2010 at 7:06 pm

My family is dying for that pumpkin cupcake recipe! Was that your creation or Cindi's? How can I get a copy of it and the chocolate cake recipe? What a great turnout, you guys are a big part of what makes our neighborhood great.