The most wonderful time of the year….

Merry Christmas everyone!
The very day is right upon us. I hope you are enjoying the season and haven’t had too many heart/panic attacks.
Yes, I mean it.
The holiday season can be a real mix of wonderful
and strait up exhaustion, can’t it!
Sure hope you have had a large dose of wonderful…
and a very small dose of exhaustion.

The fine lookin’ ladies you see in the picture above are non other than my mother, my sisters, and myself. Every December we gather together to make a whole bunch of holiday goodies. I look forward to it all year! Love these ladies…love great goodies!
We always plan on making
Dipped Oreos, Fudge, Caramels, Peanut Butter Cups, Toffee, Gourmet White Chocolate Popcorn….
and some fabulous Candy Coated Corn Pop Thingies my Mom makes that are to DIE FOR.
Why I haven’t shared the recipe with you, I do not know. Catch me back here next year…
Any way you get the point.
We make a ton of stuff.
Because we haven’t had enough sugar
during the month, or anything like that.

This year, each of us showed up at my Moms with kids in tow and laundry baskets full of ingredients.
We were ready to conquer the project.
Because we hadn’t conquered enough projects during December,
or anything like that.

We started off strong.
Oreos Dipped and two batches of Chocolate Chip Cookies….done. Before lunch.
Finished.
Looking sharp.

Then we fed the masses.
Then we fed ourselves.

Then we drank a lot of this….
And laughed our faces off.
And chuckled at each others stories.
And chortled at funny things our kids have done.
And laughed our faces off some more.
And sat around my Moms kitchen table…
not stirring, or cooking, or baking or dipping.
This is how we spent the rest of the afternoon.
Just laughing and talking and enjoying being together.
Because we hadn’t seen each other for a while.
And because just being together
is
the sweetest
treat
of
all.

Bring on that kind of sugar,
any day of the week.
Hope you have some lined up for yourself in the next few days!

Happy Holidays to you all!
Have a wonderful time, and I’ll see you back here next week with some great appetizers for your New Years celebration.
Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Awee what a fun day Jamie. I wish my sister lived closer so we could bake together.

December 22, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Merry Christmas Jamie! Have a great week with your family. It looks like fun over there.

December 22, 2010 at 4:02 pm

That really does look like a lot of fun! Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2010 at 7:34 pm

An empty Diet Coke bottle always signals a successful party in my book! You're right the best part of the holidays is spending time with the ones you love,and making memories. Have a very Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2010 at 8:49 pm

I did the exact same thing with a long lost friend this year. It was great spending the time catching up. What a great post. I visit here often.

December 22, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Great advice… and cant wait to see that recipe!!!

Be blessed-
    Amanda

December 23, 2010 at 1:37 pm

What a great memory you made. Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2010 at 4:00 am

Looks like fun. I love sharing the kitchen with my Mom and sisters also. Merry Christmas. I just became a follower. Can't wait to give some of these recipes a try. Thanks for sharing.

December 26, 2010 at 7:35 pm

I love your blog! You are so fun and “real”!!!Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Tye mom
    January 3, 2011 at 6:12 am

Wow! I've been a loyal “jaimie” follower for months 'n months, getting rave reviews from the delicious recipes I have made from your blog. I even have a link from my blog to yours so I can find your recipes fast, but it wasn't until tonight as I spied the photo of you and your sisters that I realized I know you – ha! It is indeed a small world!
    Ali and my daughter were the best of friends in high school. What fun to have a connection with you as I bake your wonderful creations! Thanks for making me a better cook in the eyes (and tastebuds) of my family.

January 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Tye Mom,
    What a small world, indeed! So glad the recipes have been turning out well for your family! Have a great day!