Beef Stew. Thick and Hearty.

Beef Stew. Thick and Hearty.

Sometimes, life is busy.
Some days are REAAALLLLLY busy.
Other days are….just regular busy.
However busy your life is currently,
this Beef Stew is going to make dinner time a
no fuss,
flavorful and tasty,
tummy’s full and happy
kind of event.
That. Is something to be grateful for.
Dinner waiting and ready in the Crock Pot…
…a small, but enjoyable blessing, in deed.
The recipe below calls for all of your standard root vegetables…carrots, potatoes, onions. However I would imagine that some sliced mushrooms would also be delicious.
Beef Stew. Thick and Hearty.
Time: 10 minutes prep + 4-8 hours crock pot cooking
Recipe adapted from The Essential Mormon Cookbook passed on by my lovely sister Alli Cooks It Up!

1 pound beef stew chunks
4 carrots, sliced
4 medium potatoes, cubed
1 large onion, cut into chunks
1 bay leaf
1  1 oz. package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2  10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
1  8 oz can tomato sauce

1. Cut up your vegetables.
2. Spray the inside of your crock pot. Layer the beef, carrots, potatoes, and onion in the old crock. Place the bay leaf on top.
3. In a medium sized bowl combine the Soup Mix, cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) and  tomato sauce. Stir them all around until mixed well.
4. Pour the soup mixture over the top of the veggies and beef. Don’t stir.
5. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8.

This Beef Stew was cooked, ready and waiting for my when I arrived home from my wonderful swimming day on Tuesday. Want to read about it? You can right HERE.
Have a good one, everyone….hope your BUSY is the kind of BUSY you love.

January 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

how about—- cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
    Love your blog everything that I have tried has turned out!! you have fool-proof recipes–that's the kind I like!! Thank you for all the time you put into this blog-I really enjoy it!!

January 20, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Anonymous,
    Thanks for the heads up! Appreciate it!

January 20, 2011 at 6:19 pm

easy peasy, love the texture. Looks delish.

January 21, 2011 at 5:52 am

This does look wonderfully hearty and delicious.

January 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Jamie that looks really good and perfect for the cold weather. Hey I just got cofirmation that I will be attending Evo again for 2011. I hope you get to go again so I can see you Ü

January 21, 2011 at 7:50 pm

So it is okay to put in raw meat with vegetables? I am new to crock potting.

January 24, 2011 at 2:01 am

Jaimie, could you put the picture in with the printable version? I've seen it done but don't know how. I am getting quite a few of your recipes in my “go to” binder. I love having the picture stick out at me.
    You have so many great ideas. thank you!! I am passing along the Stylish Blogger Award. Stop by and pick it up. 4growingboys.blogspot.com

January 31, 2011 at 12:14 am

My family and I loved this today after church, Jaimie! So thick and yummy! Do you care if I share it on my blog and use your picture (Giving you full credit, of course)? I didn't want to do it without your permission. Thanks for the delicious recipes!

January 31, 2011 at 4:46 am

Hi Sarah,
    You are welcome to post it on your site. Thanks for being willing to add a link back here. So glad your family loved it!

February 13, 2012 at 1:36 am

Made this recipe today. It was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly, but next time might double the meat to keep my husband satisfied. Just found your blog and love the great recipes. Next on my list to try is the Meatball Minestrone Soup. Thank you!

Mark B.
    June 29, 2013 at 9:57 am

So, I love your recipes, but I hate mushrooms. What can I use in place of the CoM soup? I was thinking maybe cream of potato, thoughts?

November 10, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Made this last night for dinner with friends who were visiting from out-of-town. It was flavorful, thick (so many crockpot recipes are very soupy), and SO easy. I put it in the crockpot in the morning and didn’t have to do a thing till it was time to serve it. Highly recommended!