Happy Valentines Day to you!
And to you…
….and to you there
…holding that lovely bouquet of roses.
Aren’t you the lucky one!
Valentine’s Day is kind of a funny holiday, isn’t it?
Not in a joke telling kind of way…
More like in a
This is really a kids holiday with Valentine cards from classmates, boxes full of conversation hearts and doorbell ditching a plenty.
Shouldn’t a gal be able to find some time in there to kiss a little?
Don’t hold your breath…
He’s got the flu…
It is true.
Since we have a lot of kids,
and they like to eat
and celebrate holidays..
We have a little V-day dinner tradition.
Last year it was…..well, not very lovable!
You can read about it here.
I’m crossing my fingers it goes better tonight.
These Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls look kind of romantic, don’t they? They are very delicious and a fun twist on traditional lasagna. With quite a few less calories, I might add.
Sometimes less calories is a beautiful thing.
Almost as beautiful as that lovely bouquet of roses you have there…
If you don’t have one, just pretend ok?
It will keep you in a good mood.
A good mood on V-Day is important.
Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
Time: 30 minutes prep + 45 minutes baking
Yield: 12 rolls
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
12 lasagna noodles
3 C Prego Spaghetti Sauce
1 C mozzarella cheese
2 C ricotta cheese
1/2 C cottage cheese
1 C Parmesan cheese
1 C mozzarella cheese, divided
3/4 t salt
1/8 t cracked pepper
1 t parsley, dried
3/4 t oregano, dried
1 t lemon juice
5 C finely chopped spinach
1. Boil your noodles in salted water until the are al dente. (Not quite all the way cooked through.) Pour them out into a strainer and run cold water all over them. We don’t want you to burn your pretty little fingers while you fill and roll the noodles.
2. Mix all of your filling ingredients together in a large bowl. Be sure to get them all thoroughly combined. You don’t want any of the egg hanging around alone. Get everything mixed in.
3. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Pour about 1 C of the Prego into the pan. Spread it around so it evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
3. Lay a lasagna noodle out on a plate. Using a spoon, spread out the filling all over the top of the noodle.
4. Roll it up!
5. Place the rolled lasagna noodle, seam side down in your pan. Repeat with the other 11 noodles. Pour the remaining Prego sauce over the tops of your lasagna rolls and sprinkle with 1 C mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until cooked through.