If you would like to read about fruits and veggies and getting your little munchkins to eat them…
Click over to my Review Blog to read all about it, and to enter to win $100 Visa Gift Card.
Happy Monday, everyone!
I hope the weekend has treated you well and you are feeling swell. I have a little chuckle and a little cake for you today.
Just what you were hoping for? I’m so glad!
This past weekend I found myself visiting with a stranger of sorts. Not the kind you tell your kids to run away from. No sir. Just a Nice Friendly Lady I was getting to know. We talked about her family. Kids…where she lived….did she enjoy life. You know, the basics.
Then the Nice Friendly Lady asked me….
“Well now, what about you?
Do you still have any children living at home?“
were her exact words.
Side notes for you to consider…..
I’m not even 40 years old.
Some of my children are too young to attend school.
I’m not even 39 years old.
None of my children are old enough to drive, let alone move out of the house.
I’m not even 38 years old.
I’m getting a lot of gray hair these days.
I’m not even 37 years old.
The baggie bags under my eyes are fierce. Seriously getting fierce.
“Well. Er…. Actually, yes.” I said.
“I have 5 children all still living at home.”
“REEEEALLY?” was her reply.
“You mean you don’t have any Grand kids or anything?”
Then I picked my gray haired, extremely aged self up.
Drove home and called my hairdresser and said….
“How soon can you see me, and can you schedule me for an appointment every other week. I need all the help I can get. Could you fix this shaggy, frizzled out mop of a hair do and do you have anything for the baggie bags under my eyes, the worry lines across my forehead and would you be willing to perform a little liposuction when I arrive in ten minutes.”
She told me to come on over next week,
she’d work on the gray mop.
And there you have it, folks.
Just the raw truth of it all.
Apparently, I look old.
Not that Grandma’s are old mind you.
I just don’t really want to look grandma-ish while still in my 30′s.
Thanks for humoring me while I vent.
It was very nice of you. Grandma-ish 36 year olds need time to vent.
Just because you are so very nice…I have a nice recipe for you!
Lemon Bundt Cake.
It would make the perfect addition to your Easter Celebration.
Here you have it in all it’s glory.
Lemon Bundt Cake
Time: 10 minutes prep + 40 minutes to bake
Yield: 15 servings
Recipe adapted from Cindi Schut
1 box lemon cake mix
1/3 C flour
1 small box instant lemon pudding
1/3 C oil
1/3 C sour cream
1/2 C fresh lemon juice
1 C water
4 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
4 T milk
***NOTE: You will need between 3-4 fresh lemons for this recipe.***
1. Place the cake mix, jello and flour in your stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl.
Stir it around to combine.
2. Add your oil, lemon juice….
3. Beat the batter until smooth and glossy (about 3-4 minutes). Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure all ingredients are mixed in.
4. Spray the inside of a bundt pan EXTREMELY well with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and let it hang out on your counter for about 10 minutes. Then invert the cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.
7. Combine all glaze ingredients in your stand mixer or medium sized mixing bowl. Mix well.
8. When the cake is cool place it on a serving plate. Carefully pour the glaze on top. Try and get most of it in the center of the bundt, allowing a small portion to drip over the sides. Slice and serve!
Happy Spring, everyone!