ps_menu_class_0
ps_menu_class_1
ps_menu_class_2

Pretty Layered Overnight Salad

Simple.
That’s what this recipe is.
Simple and delicious!
Crisp cool lettuce,
green onions
and sweet peas
meet
smokey bacon,
creamy dressing
and cheddar cheese,
 all layered up in a pretty glass bowl
(or a 9×13. Seriously. It’s just as good!
You don’t have to get all glass bowled and fancy)
These fabulous and simple flavors spend
a night together chilling in the fridge and
ready or not
here they come…
Pretty Layered Overnight Salad.
Simple and delicious.
Make it on Easter.
Make it for your mother, or your brother.
Bring it to your pot luck party of wonder.
I don’t think you’ll be sorry!
Pretty Layered Overnight Salad
Time: 20 minutes prep + Chilling overnight in the fridge
Recipe adapted from my mother in law Jill Eskelson

***NOTE: This salad also works well in a 9×13 pan. Just layer the lettuce, green onions, bacon, and eggs. Spread the dressing over the top and sprinkle with cheese.***
10 strips bacon
8 eggs
8 C chopped romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts or 1 head)
2 C peas
6 green onions

3 C cheddar cheese

Dressing:
2 C mayonnaise
2 t sugar
dash salt and pepper

1. Cook up your bacon. Crumble it all up once it has cooled down.
2. Boil your eggs. Place them in cold ice water to cool them down. Then peel and slice them.
3. Chop up your lettuce and green onions.
4. Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
5. Layer half the lettuce, green onions, peas and bacon in the bottom of a pretty glass dish.
6. Layer the eggs carefully over the top.
7. Spread half of the dressing over the eggs and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
8. Repeat the layers. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
 Like what you see here?
Stumble it, Like it, or Retweet below.

1. Dawn says:

thanks for the recipe! i'm looking for foods i can prepare the night before for my daughter's first commnunion-this will be perfect! looks yummy and pretty!

2. Jennifurla says:

Oh yum, and pretty tah boot.

3. Texan says:

The salad looks yummy. I ran over here to tell you that I just made your French bread recipe!! I posted pics on my blog and linked up your blog! Well to say I am excited doesn't even cover it. It turned out so wonderful! Thanks so much for the time you take to post all the photos and the recipes! It was so easy to make! Being new to bread baking this is the exact kind of recipe I need!

4. Nancy says:

I had this once a couple of years ago and have always wanted the recipe! Thanks for sharing!

5. Ceci says:

Glad to see this recipe, had this salad ages ago and it was yummy! Thanks for bringing it back!

6. Yummmmm! I love salads like this :) Thanks for sharing :)

7. Anonymous says:

I have tried several of your recipes and they have all been OUTSTANDING! I also love reading your blogs….what a great gift you have! Anyway, stupid question alert….are the peas cooked in this salad?

8. Anonymous,
    You don't need to cook the peas, however I do like to defrost them by placing them in a bowl and filling the bowl with hot water. Let them sit for about 3 minutes, then drain the water off. Then you are good to go. Thanks!

9. Anonymous says:

You forgot to mention the peas in your step by step instructions! Just fyi :)

10. Sara™ says:

We've made this salad for years in our family, minus the hard boiled eggs. It's always a big hit, I can eat bowls of it alone. :) I'll be curious to try it with the eggs next time!