This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Kraft.
Hello to every single one of you.
Sure hope the Easter Bunny found his way to your house!
I also hope the little ones that live with you were pleased with their Easter basket loot.
Smiles all around at your house? Sugar coated cavity laden teeth?
Probably a little bit of both!
I’m happy to announce the three winners of the
Bless Your Heart Cookbook.
Frieda Loves Bread
I will be contacting you for your addresses.
Thanks to all who entered!
I have mentioned to you all before that I really love baking. Breads….Cookies….Cakes…..oh my. There is just something magical about very simple, basic ingredients coming together to make something so absolutely delicious. This Raspberry Cream Cheese Braided Loaf is no exception.
Oh, you are going to love this loaf.
To call it a loaf…seems a bit bulky and uncomplimentary, actually!
The dough is sweet and soft.
The filling smooth and creamy with bursts of raspberry flavor. The whole creation is then glazed with a silky smooth frosting.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Loaf doesn’t do justice
to the pure bliss this confection will
Yes. I mean you there….
in your fuzzy slippers.
Throw off those fuzzy slippers and bring down the house with your stunning culinary skills…!
Speaking of culinary skills. There are a lot of fabulous things going on over on the Official site for the Real Women of Philadelphia Cooking Competition. If you love cooking, head on over to enter. Participants can enter original recipe videos in four categories. 16 finalist will be flown to Savannah Georgia to meet Paula Deen and compete in the final round. Then four winners will be selected and awarded $25,000 each! Boy howdy. That’s a lot of money!
Raspberry and Cream Cheese Braided Sandwich Loaf
Time: 2 hours
Yield: 1 large loaf
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1/2 C milk
2/3 C hot water
1/2 T yeast
3/4 t salt
1/4 C sugar
4 T butter, melted
3 1/2 – 4 1/2 C flour
6 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 C sugar
1/4 t vanilla
3/4 C raspberry pie filling
2 1/2 C powdered sugar
4 T milk
1 T butter, softened
1/4 t vanilla
1. Pour your milk into a glass measuring cup and heat it in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour it into your stand mixer.
2. Add you hot water,
and one cup of the flour. Mix until combined.
3. Pour in your yeast and mix for 1 minute.
4. Add the rest of your flour one cup at a time while the dough is mixing. Keep adding flour until the dough scrapes itself from the side of the bowl.
5. Mix on medium speed for 4 minutes.
6. Spray your counter with cooking spray, remove the dough from the mixer and let it rest on the counter for 5 minutes.
7. While your dough is resting, combine all filling ingredients (BUT THE PIE FILLING!) together. Beat well.
7. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle. Using a pizza cutter cut 3 inch strips into both sides of the rectangle.
8. Spread your Philadelphia Cream Cheese mixture along the center of the loaf. Leave about an inch of dough between the cream cheese and the strips.
9. Spread the pie filling over the top of the Philadelphia Cream Cheese mixture.
10. Braid you loaf! Just cross one strip over and across the middle, then repeat on the other side.
Be sure you tuck the top and bottom up and pinch it to close.
11. Carefully transfer the loaf to a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
12. Place the pan in a 170 degree oven.
13. Let the loaf rise for about 25 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
14. Turn your oven up to 350 degrees. (Leave the pan in the oven as the temperature rises.)
15. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top and bottom of the loaf is golden brown.
16. Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Let the loaf cool completely.
17. Place all glaze ingredients together in your stand mixer or medium sized mixing bowl. Beat well until smooth and silky.
18. Put the glaze into a Ziploc bag, snip the end and pipe the glaze over the top of your cooled loaf.