Creamy Artichoke Dip

Creamy Artichoke Dip

Hi there.
How is your week going?
Have you spent some time just laying around in your pj’s?
Maybe reading a good book, or playing cards with your kids?
I sure hope so.
You deserve it!

I have a great, very easy appetizer recipe for you today.
My dear friend Tricia has been making this fabulous dip
(and sharing it with me!)
for years.
Do you LOVE having friends that are willing
to hang around you for “years”?
Friends that put up with you
even when you SAY dumb things,
or ACT kind of dumb,
and LOOK really dumb.
I am often plagued with dumbness.
Once I clapped really loud after a prayer.
I know, dumb.
Really dumb.
Must of been some prayer.

My friend Tricia doesn’t mind my dumbness.
She just keeps inviting me over and making me some
Creamy Artichoke Dip
and laughing at my jokes.
She’s a keeper that girl.
I’m hoping she’ll keep me for years and years to come.

Creamy Artichoke Dip
Time: 10 min. hands on + 25 min. baking
Yield: 3 Cups
Recipe from my wonderful friend Tricia Toponce

1 C mayonnaise
2 C Monterey Jack cheese
1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese (the grated kind…not in the green jar)
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilis
Butter Crackers (Club Crackers and Ritz Cracker work well)

1. Into a medium sized mixing bowl place 1 cup mayonnaise.

2. Grate 2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese and add it to the bowl.

3. Drain the liquid from the can of chilis and add it to the bowl.

4. Toss in 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese.

5. Drain the liquid from the artichoke jar and pour the artichokes out on a cutting board.

Chop them up and add them to the mixing bowl.

6. Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray…

and pour the mixture into it.
7. Bake uncovered, at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
Serve while still warm from the oven with buttery club crackers.

Enjoy!

December 30, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I made this last year, and it was loved by all, so delicious.

January 1, 2012 at 10:03 pm

THANK YOU Jamie for this AMAZING recipe!!! This is the BEST dip I have EVER made!!! Thnak you again for ALL of your WONDERFUL recipes! This also tastes great with toasted baguette bread.

January 1, 2012 at 11:46 pm

i've made this many times but serve it on home made garlic toast

January 1, 2012 at 11:49 pm

try adding a box of frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out of it to make a great spinach artichoke dip

January 8, 2012 at 2:20 am

I will keep you for years and years Jamie. You are awesome!!!!!

January 12, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I like to add a fresh roma tomato to mine for a punch of color! Great Recipe! My family really enjoys your recipes!

Laura
    December 5, 2012 at 5:28 pm

All I have right now is the parm in the green container – do you think it will alter the outcome much if I use it instead of grated parm?

December 10, 2012 at 6:56 am

Laura
      I haven’t ever tried the processed parmasan for this recipe. My first thought is that it wouldn’t work out super well, because it doesn’t melt. Good luck!

Laura
    December 10, 2012 at 8:38 am

I cooked the dip this weekend for a party. It was a hit but I think next time if I am using the parm in the green can I will cut it back to 1 cup instead of 1 1/2 cups of parm b/c it was pretty salty. It was wonderful though! Thanks for the recipe :)

Meghan
    July 1, 2013 at 3:02 pm

About how many does this serve? Thanks :)

Susan
    November 15, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Love your blog, Jamie! This looks like a great recipe. I make a similar one that came from a friend.
    Dump into a mixing bowl-
    14oz can artichoke hearts, drained, 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1 cup shredded Parmesan (I have used the green bottle in a pinch), 1/2C sour cream, 1/2C mayo, 1t garlic powder, 1 T. jalapeno, seeded and finely diced, 1/2C plus 2T plain unsweetened yogurt, 7 oz mozzarella, 1T seasoned salt. Mix together well, bake 35-40 min at 325 until lightly browned on top. We use cut up bagels to dip.
    I don’t like jalapeno, so I usually leave them out.

Deloris
    November 15, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I was wondering if you could mix everything together, then freeze. Thaw and bake when needed?
    Thanks– going to make the rolls in this post tomorrow!

November 16, 2013 at 9:09 am

Deloris,
      I haven’t ever tried to freeze it before, however my first thought is that it wouldn’t turn out very well. Often things with a cream base, don’t.
      ~jamie

Shelly
    January 29, 2014 at 6:10 pm

This looks like a great recipe! I will be making it for Super Bowl!! I’m still laughing at the clapping after the prayer though!! That was awesome….sounds like something I would do! :)