These bars are good, baby.
Reeeeeeally, jolly dolly good.
Good in a sweet and rich and crisp and immensely decadent kind of way. The best part? You only need about 15 minutes hands on time to make these bars a part of your life.
And your hips.
The ingredients are simple and lovely. There is no baking required and I’m pretty sure everyone you know is going to love them. Make them today, make them this weekend, make them with a smile on your face and a skip in your step.
Then pass them around to all of your neighbors and friends and loved ones and those you can barely tolerate.
Then hit the pavement and run yourself a good mile or two, or bench press your 5 year old or something…sound good?
Let’s make them then, without further ramblings, for goodness sake.
Time: 15 min. hands on + 15 min. to set up
Yield: One 9×9 inch pan, cut as small or as large as you like
1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
1/4 C peanut butter (I used chunky)
3 C Rice Krispies Cereal
1 1/2 C mini marshmallows
1/2 C mini chocolate chips, divided
1. Toss one whole bag of white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating period. Don’t let the chocolate get too hot, or come into contact with any water. This will make it seize up and turn into a brick. I’m not joking here. This is not something to be happy about. Just heat it for 30 seconds at a time, okay? All will be well.
2. Add 1/4 C peanut butter to the melted white chocolate and stir it nicely so that the two become one.
3. Pour your self 3 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal into a large bowl
and pour the white chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the top.
Stir it together with a wooden spoon, or rubber spatula.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
and 1/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips. Please note that you are going to be saving the other 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips to melt and drizzle over the top.
5. Spray a 9×9 inch pan with cooking spray and gently press the heavenly mixture into the pan. Don’t press it down too firmly.
6. Toss the remaining 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips into a small bowl and get that baby to the microwave. Heat it for 30 seconds, give it a stir and return it to the microwave for 30 more seconds. It should easily be melted after the second heating time. Stir until smooth.
7. Place the melted chocolate in a sandwich sized ziploc bag. Cut a very small hole in the tip of the bag
and drizzle the chocolate all over the bars.
8. Allow about 15 minutes for the chocolate to set up, cut into bars and enjoy!