Game Day Recipe Round Up found HERE.
Yesterday, I was in a bit of a quandary.
Nothing life changing like should I move to Africa, or kill a buffalo with my bare hands or paint my toenails bright green. Nothing like that at all. Just a little recipe bewilderment, if you will.
My dilemma was this. Should I post Supreme Buffalo Nachos on Friday morning…or a fun little chocolate dessert number I have whipped up for your valentines day experience.
I put it to a vote on Facebook, and the Nachos won out my friends. The Superbowl must be in a couple of days or something, right. You’d think a girl like me could have come to this conclusion on her own, but when I tasted the heavenly bite of chocolate blissfulness I just needed to share it with you as quickly as possible so you too could be left weak in the knees from its wonderfulness. But reason has spoken. Thank goodness, you facebook followers have saved the day.
Game Day Food it is today, DecadentChocolateBliss to be viewed on Monday. Hold on to your hats. She’s a doozie.
These Supreme Buffalo Nachos are really delicious. Minus the actual buffalo, of course. I didn’t add any buffalo because I’m not quite sure how to cook one let alone catch one from the wild. Also, I was concerned about getting that gross thick hair all over my kitchen. That said, if you love the flavor of spicy buffalo wing sauce, creamy blue cheese dressing and the added crunch of celery…then these Nachos are for you. Black buffalo hair, excluded. Just especially for your dining pleasure.
Or actually…I guess this is just the beginning since you haven’t really even reached the recipe yet.
PS…if you missed my Game Day Recipe Roundup, click on over and take a look.
Ok, seriously now. On to the recipe. 🙂
Supreme Buffalo Nachos
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from my lovely sister in law Mary Erhart
4-5 C tortilla chips (several big handfuls)
2 C shredded Rotisserie chicken
2-3 T Franks Red Hot Wing Buffalo Sauce
2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
1 C celery, chopped
Blue Cheese Salad Dressing (Lighthouse brand works best)
1. Spread several large handfuls of tortilla chips out over a large cookie sheet, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unwrap your rotisserie chicken extraordinaire. Try not to think of what it used to look like when its head was still on. Disturbing, isn’t it. No wonder I usually just by frozen chicken breasts. Don’t dismay. It’s going to taste really great, which is what really matters in the long run, right?
Shred about 2 cups of the chicken up with a couple of forks.
3. Give thanks for this spicy wing sauce found at grocery stores everywhere. (Ok, maybe not if you live in Siberia. Just wanted to clarify. If you live there, please don’t email me telling me you can’t find the sauce. Thanks for your cooperation. You are so kind.)
Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of sauce over the top of your chicken. Be careful if you are super sensitive to spicy food. Just use a little if you don’t like a lot of heat.
4. Toss it all together, making sure all of the chicken is covered.
5. Sprinkle about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the tortilla chips. Toss that pretty little pan into the oven and let the cheese get all melted and just a bit bubbly. Watch it close. You don’t want it to get overly cooked. Then you’ll have dry chips, and crusty cheese. Not a good combination, true?
6. While the chips are busy in the oven, cover the plate of chicken with plastic wrap and microwave it for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken and sauce are steaming hot.
6. Remove the pan of cheesy chips from the oven and carefully spoon the chicken out evenly over the chips.
7. Add the chopped celery.
8. Drizzle a bit of Blue Cheese dressing here and there over the chips and serve while the chicken and cheese are still warm.