Creamy Raspberry Jello Salad

Creamy Raspberry Jello Salad

Holy cowgirl. Is any one out there up to their eye balls in EndOfTheSchoolYear activities a plenty? Projects, reports, programs, build a big riding float that looks like the state of Idaho (good times), field days, thank you’s, good byes, have a great summer, stay cool, be true, and the like.

Seems like time always turns into a frazzled hurry around my house the last few weeks of school, making sure everyone gets everywhere they need to be, and has what they need to have, and prepares what they need to prepare. Must be the three kids I have in school and the principal husband I’m married to. Cross your fingers if you think of him tomorrow…sitting in a dunking booth as part of his schools field day. Good sport, wouldn’t you say? Hope there aren’t too many kids with too large a grudge. :)

Any how, I have a great little summer salad recipe for you today. It could really almost be a dessert. Canned pears are blended with cream cheese, raspberry jello, cool whip…seems tasty, yes? A dear friend brought this tasty treasure to me a few weeks ago, and I couldn’t get enough. The color is so inviting, the texture creamy and the flavor sweet and wonderful. It’s a fun twist on regular jello. Make it in a 9×13 pan, or pour it into individual cups for a personal touch.

Hope you enjoy!
And, if you are in the throws of EndOfTheSchoolYearWonder …well then. May the force be with you.

Stay cool, be true.

Creamy Raspberry Jello Salad
Time: 15 min. prep + 3 hours refrigeration
Yield: One 9×13 pan full
Recipe from my dear friend Pam Slade

1 (29 ounce) can pears
1 C pear juice
1 C hot water
1 (6 ounce) box raspberry jello
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (12 ounce) carton cool whip, thawed

1. Open up your can of pears and pour one cup of the juice into a large glass measuring cup. Discard the remaining juice.

2. Pour one cup of hot water over the top of the pear juice. Heat it up in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until it starts to boil.

3. Pour the contents of one large box of raspberry jello into your hot water/juice mixture.

Stir it around with a spoon until all of the jello granules dissolve. Pop it into your fridge (or freezer) to let it cool down. You don’t want it to set up, just cool the old girl down.

4. Pour the pears into a blender.

Add the softened cream cheese

and blend the two together.

5. When your jello water has cooled down enough (lukewarm is fine) pour it into the blender.

Add a 12 ounce container of cool whip

and blend until smooth and lovely.

6. Pour the jello mixture into a 9×13 pan, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set up.

Enjoy!

May 31, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I was wondering if you could use another flavor of jello.

June 1, 2012 at 4:05 am

I haven't tried it with any other flavor, but my friend that passed the recipe along to me said she has made it with orange jello with great success. I would imagine it would work with pretty much any flavor. Good luck! Hope it turns out well for you.

May 31, 2012 at 5:55 pm

oh yum! I'm making this today!

May 31, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I see you have a Ninja blender. I drool over those things. Do you love it?

May 31, 2012 at 7:47 pm

can I use another fruit besides pears?

June 1, 2012 at 1:38 am

Anonymous,
      The pears have a really mild flavor, which makes them perfect for this dish. Any other fruit might be overpowering.

May 31, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Your recipes are always just to my taste! I am using this one next Tues. for my quilting group! I was looking for something lighter than the usual cake or cookies. Thanks!

Demaroge
    May 31, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I wasn't thrilled when I read the title so, of course, my sick demented mind had to read the recipe. Okay, now it sounds pretty darn good. I think I would pour it into a shortbread crust, toss in a basket of berries and then pop it in the fridge. (I can NEVER just stick to an original recipe btw! :)

Have a super duper summer!

May 31, 2012 at 11:09 pm

You know if you put this on a biscuit base you can call it a cheesecake :D

June 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm

This looks so yummy lately I have been into make jello and I am excited to try this. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe I am excited to try this.

Lynn C
    November 14, 2012 at 5:48 pm

This sounds so yummy! I’m thinking of making it for Thanksgiving, but I’m wondering if you can taste the pears. My husband is not a fan of pears. If he doesn’t know they’re in there, would he notice by taste? :)

Thank you!

Kellys
    March 15, 2013 at 3:27 pm

attempted to make this for the second time today. The first time did not go so well. I just got a blender as a wedding gift and lets just say I do not use one very often. The hot pink mixture ended up all over my counter/kitchen/cupboards/computer/dog/husband… you get the point. Apparently you need a very large blender to make this! Haha! Today I decided to try again because my husband isnt sitting here watching me. I had to split up the mixture in order to get it all blended. I poured half of the jello/pear/cream cheese mixture into a measuring cup and added half of the cool whip to the blender. I did this twice and it worked out great! Cant wait to cut into it in 3+ hours and show my husband I am not and idiot! Thanks for the recipe. Jealous of your Vitamix BTW.

Kellys
    March 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Oh nevermind its a Ninja! Can you compare the two?? Which is better?

Gretchen
    April 21, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I think I’d like to try this with orange jello and mandarin oranges. The orange pulp might add a bit of texture.

Patti
    June 28, 2013 at 1:51 pm

This is a perfect AZ side dish – so refreshing and light. My blender is small, so I pour the mixture into a large bowl and whisk in the Cool Whip. Works perfectly. Super duper yummy.

Molly
    August 26, 2013 at 7:52 pm

This is a super recipe! Just so love the Pearson here! I used real whip cream whipped! Was very good! My kids new favourite! My 26 year old wanted this instead of a original cake!!!!Thanks!

Pat
    September 5, 2013 at 11:44 am

Would this recipe work in a jello mold? or would it not be firm enough for that?

September 6, 2013 at 7:08 am

Pat,
      I have wondered the same thing. I haven’t ever tried it in a mold, but I think it would work. Let me know if you try it. Good luck!