I brought something simple to share with you today, my friends. Because I know you like simple. And I know you are running around town having fun this summer, enjoying all that the season has to offer, which may leave you with less time to tinker around your kitchen. Am I right, or what?
This is a wonderful crock pot recipe, passed onto me by my dear friend Tricia. The ingredients are simple yet packed with flavor. Hope you enjoy it! Hope it gives you a little more time to play with your kids, or grand kids, or whomever you’ve got around to enjoy and love in your life.
Creamy Ranch Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Time: 20 min. prep + 4-6 hours crock pot cooking
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe adapted from my dear friend Tricia Toponce
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
Creamy Ranch Chicken:
5-6 chicken breasts (I used frozen)
2 (14 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
4 T butter, melted
2 (1 ounce) packages Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
4-5 cloves garlic
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
7 large russet potatoes
4 T butter
salt and pepper
1. Find yourself a nice crock pot. Spray the inside with cooking spray and place 5-6 chicken breasts in it. (I used frozen)
2. In a small bowl combine 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 2 packages ranch mix and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Spread it over the top of your chicken.
3. Peel your garlic and place the cloves on top of a sheet of tin foil.
4. Wrap the foil around the cloves and up into a nice little package.
5. Place the garlic package in the crock pot on top of the chicken. Cover the crock and let the old girl cook away on low for 6 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
6. When your chicken has cooked through carefully take the tin foil package out of the crock pot and set it on a plate.
7. Peel your potatoes and chop them into chunks. Boil them for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender and then drain the water out of the pan.
8. Mash up some of the roasted garlic and add it to the potatoes. Just start with a small amount of garlic, maybe 1-2 teaspoons. You can always add more, if you want it really garlicky…but you don’t want to overpower it.
9. Add 4 tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper and a bit of milk. Beat the potatoes until light and fluffy, tasting along the way and adding more salt and pepper or butter or milk or garlic to your own very personal liking and desire.
Serve the potatoes with the juices from the crock pot and the heavenly Creamy Ranch Chicken.