Which means a whole new week is stretching itself right out in front of our very eyes, ladies and gentlemen. That’s kind of how Monday works, just in case you have forgotten, it has been a week since it happened last. I thought I would clarify, for those of you with short term memory problems.
You are most welcome.
This past weekend MyHandsomeHusband and I went to see Wicked for the very first time in our entire lives. It was spectacular layered on top of spectacular, and I have to tell you that I am very seriously considering spray painting myself green this morning, just to see if I can magically grow vocal chords as powerfully fabulous as Miss Elphaba, and of course in hopes that I might somehow learn how to Defy Gravity.
I’ll let you know how it turns out. Keep your fingers crossed for me, won’t you?
Everyone wants to Defy Gravity, you know.
1. Find yourself two boxes of Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and pour the contents of the boxes into the pan. (Not the seasoning packet, please).
2. Pour 1 cup of white rice into the pan.
Add 1/2 cup chopped onion,
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
and 2 cups of milk.
3. Pour yourself 2 cups of warm water. Open up both of the seasoning packets (from the Rice a Roni boxes) and pour them into the water.
Give it a nice stir with a fork.
4. Pour the broth-ie water mixture into the pan.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
6. Mix things up with your handy fork. Be sure you break up the cream of chicken soup and that all of the ingredients become well combined.
7. Take a nice pair of kitchen scissors and cut up three chicken breasts into chunks. Add them to the pan.
8. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken, cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Remove the tin foil and bake for 30 minutes more.
Serve and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Pinterest friendly image below…