I am giving away two copies of the new Our Best Bites cookbook, click here to enter.
Happy Friday, to you!
And to you.
And to you there with a big pile of peaches on your counter. Fresh peaches are just about the most scrumptious fruit available, am I right? Except maybe fresh raspberries which might be my favorite summer fruit of all time. The recipe I have for you today combines both. I have been on the search for a fabulous peach recipe to share with you this fall, this Peach and Raspberry Crisp is the very best I have tried. The fruit filling is a wonderful mix of sweet and tart, the crispy topping is buttery and divine.
Hope you make it, hope you love it. 🙂
Peach and Raspberry Crisp
Time: 20 minutes prep + 60 minutes baking
Yield: 8-10 servings
Recipe from The Barefoot Contessa
10 large peaches
1 orange, zested
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
2 T flour
1 heaping C raspberries
1 1/2 C flour
1 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 C instant or “quick” oatmeal
1/4 t salt
1 C butter, cold
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Peel and slice your peaches, tutorial found here.
2. Zest 1 orange and add it to the peaches.
3. Toss in 1/4 C sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar and 2 T flour. Give it all a nice stir, making sure everything is incorporated well.
4. Add 1 heaping cup of raspberries, and gently fold them in. Don’t be too aggressive, you want the pretty berries to stay mostly intact.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and pour the peach filling in.
6. To make the topping, find yourself 1 cup of cold butter and slice it into small chunks.
7. Into your stand mixer place 1 1/2 C flour, 1 C sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar , 1 C instant oatmeal and 1/4 t salt. Mix it just until combined.
8. Toss in the cold butter and let it mix until the butter is broken down and resembles coarse crumbs. Should take about 3-4 minutes. If you don’t have a mixer or just don’t want to use your mixer…you can cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or even with a pair of butter knives.
9. Spread the topping evenly over the fruit.
10. Bake for 60 minutes, or until the top is golden and crisp and the filling is bubbly and divine. Serve warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream.