Blueberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad

Blueberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad

Hello there, ladies and gentlemen. Can you believe, Thanksgiving  Day is next week! Good glory, I don’t know how that happened. Snuck right up on me. :)

This Blueberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad has been a staple at our Thanksgiving dinner for years and years. The flavors of blueberry and cream cheese go so nicely with turkey and gravy.

They do!

I’m not kidding.

Just go ahead and give it a try. You won’t be sorry.

PS…this recipe can be made through out the year, not just on Thanksgiving.

PPS…I posted this recipe 3 years ago with a dreadful picture. I figured it needed a little dusting off and bringing to the front of the pile. Hope you enjoy it!

Blueberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

***NOTE: This yummy jello can be made a day in advance. End of note.***

BLUEBERRY JELLO LAYER:
1 (6 ounce) package raspberry jello
2 C boiling water
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling

CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 C sour cream
1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla

1. Find your self a large box of raspberry jello.

2. Boil 2 cups of water in a medium-sized, microwave safe container. Pour the jello in and stir it with a spoon until it is well incorporated and there are no longer any little jello particles.

3. Add 1 can crushed pineapple (with all of its juices, no need to drain it) and 1 can blueberry pie filling.

Stir it all together until combined.

4. Pour the jello filling into a nice 9×13 pan.

5. Cover it with a bit of plastic wrap and let it chill out in the fridge for 4-6 hours or until set.

6. Place 1 package cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Beat it  until smooth. Add 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix it until everything is well incorporated and smooth. Add spoonfuls of the topping to the blueberry jello. Spread it out evenly with a knife.
7. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Enjoy!

stacie
    November 13, 2012 at 9:35 am

Yum! Love your site. You need to have a Pinterest button so I can just pin everything you post :)

stacie
    November 13, 2012 at 9:35 am

K, just saw it, I’m so smart. It’s at the top when I was looking at the bottom. Good job ;)

Holly
    November 13, 2012 at 10:22 am

This looks absolutely wonderful! I am allergic to blueberry. Have you tried it with any other flavors?

Holly

November 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Hi Holly,
      I haven’t ever tried it with other flavors, but I would imagine it would work really well with raspberry or strawberry pie filling. Hope you enjoy it!

Brooke
      November 27, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Hey Holly,
      I accidently tried raspberry once or was it blackberry, either way it was just as good! I love love love this salad it’s also a staple on Thanksgiving.

Leigh
    November 13, 2012 at 10:49 am

My Mom has made this salad my entire life, it’s a family favorite but we give it a different name. As a kid I wouldn’t eat it because I said it looked like bird poop. So now it’s affectionately referred to as “Mom’s Bird Poop Salad” and I LOVE it!

kim mccann
    November 13, 2012 at 10:50 am

I have been making this religiously since you first posted it. I love it so much! :)

November 13, 2012 at 11:19 am

I really love the flavor combination of cream cheese and blueberries, so I’m quite sure I will love this. Thanks for sharing!!

November 13, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I love this dessert! I had this once and it was this recipe with the addiction of very finely chopped pecans on top. Added a nice little crunch to it, but to save money and hassle I think it is just perfect without it too :)

November 13, 2012 at 12:11 pm

addition – not addiction :)

Denise
    November 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm

YES…..You need to post a pinterest button !! I need to try this one for sure. Have a happy day. !!

November 13, 2012 at 2:23 pm

This recipe looks wonderful! Im saving it, and trying it soon. =)
    Thanks so much for sharing!

Sarah
    November 19, 2012 at 8:49 am

We had our BIG Thanksgiving dinner early this year to make it easier for the whole family. I made this and it was a hit. However, for some reason the cream cheese clumped up, no matter how long I left it beating in my mixer. It was still delicious and everyone gobbled it up. Thanks for the tasty recipe.

NanCee
    June 10, 2013 at 9:14 pm

If the cream cheese clumped and would not beat smooth at some point the cream cheese had been frozen (maybe during shipping). I had the same thing happen to a couple things

June 11, 2013 at 6:23 am

NanCee,
      I have had cream cheese clump up on me if it has been frozen. Also, you need to be sure to let it soften and come to room temperature before you beat it. This will help it become smooth as well. Good luck!