Do you have a Halloween Hangover? Does the sound of sugar and chocolate make you green? Are pumpkin guts stuck to your kitchen floor? Do crusty tubes of face paint adorn your bathroom counter? Did you get to bed too late last night, only to wake up to shriveled up-burned out pumpkins lounging around on your front porch?
No?! You’ve got it all together with your kitchen floor freshly mopped and those used up pumpkins stacked neatly in the trash, don’t you. I knew you would be so wonderful and organized. Well done. I want to be you when I grow up.
I’m happy you have Halloween neatly tucked away because today I have this for you…
I am happy to be participating in this fun event with many wonderful bloggers and sponsored by The Mother Huddle. There is a complete list of participants at the bottom of this post if you want to spend a little time blog hopping today. Besides sharing 9 wonderful Thanksgiving recipes, there is a $200 Gift Card available to one of you lucky readers. It wouldn’t be a party without a door prize now would it? Using the rafflecopter below put your name in the “hat” for a $200 gift card to 1 store of your choice: Target, Kroger, or Walmart – to cover your Thanksgiving dinner. That’s right, we’re going to pay for someone’s Thanksgiving dinner! To enter just pin this page to Pinterest. For a couple more entries you can follow the new Pinterest board Simple And Delicious Weeknight Meals, and follow the new Simple and Delicious Weeknight Meals Facebook Page. Won’t these be handy for the busy Holiday weeknights?
The recipe I am sharing as part of the Progressive Dinner is an easy version of Coconut Cream Pie. When I made it for my family last week they said…
There were no words spoken for some time. Only mouths full of heavenly, creamy, coconut sweetness.
Then they passed out cold on the kitchen floor and nearly died from bliss.
It’s that good, folks.
Let me show you how it’s done.
EASY COCONUT CREAM PIE
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
Time: 30 minutes prep + 1 hour refrigeration
Yield: 1 pie
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked (recipe found here, or purchase one at the store in the freezer section)
1 1/2 C sweetened coconut
2 (3.4 ounce) coconut cream instant pudding
2 C whipping cream
3/4 C whole milk
1/4 C sour cream
1/4 t coconut extract
1 C cool whip
1. Whip up your very own homemade pie crust (recipe and tutorial found here), or purchase a premade crust at the store. Poke the crust with a fork, several times over and then pop it into a 400 degree oven and bake it for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let the baked crust cool completely.
2. Turn your oven down to 350 degrees and pour 2 cups of flaked coconut onto a large baking sheet. Pop it in the oven and let the coconut get toasted. Should only take about 5-7 minutes. Stir it with a spatula a couple of times during baking. Just a word of caution here. When coconut gets toasted it lets of some pretty powerful fumes. It smells heavenly, but can be harmfull to the eyes. Be carefull when you open the oven door to stir the coconut. Don’t look directly in the oven until the door has been open for a couple of seconds and the fumes have had a chance to waft past you.
3. Place 2 small boxes of instand coconut cream pudding into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl.
Add 2 cups whipping cream,
and 3/4 cup of whole milk. Mix the ingredients on low-speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the bottom of your mixer with a rubber spatula to be sure all of the pudding mix is incorporated. Then mix on medium speed until the pudding is thick.
4. Add 1/4 teaspoon of Coconut extract and 1/4 cup sour cream. Mix until just until combined.
5. Spread the filling into the cooled crust making a small mound in the center.
6. Take 1 cup of thawed cool whip
and spread it over the pie filling.
7. Sprinkle the toasted coconut on top. Let it chill in the fridge for at least and hour and up to 24 hours.
Then cut and serve.
To visit the next Progressive Dinner Hostess, click on the picture below.
Here is a list of the other bloggers participating. Have fun!
Enter the Giveaway by using the Rafflecopter below. Have a great day! See you soon.