Linda’s Fabulous Brownies

Linda’s Fabulous Brownies

I love recipes that use basic pantry staples. Little bit ‘a flour, dash of salt, sprinkle of sugar and cocoa and vvvvvwalla, baby. Heavenly chocolate brownies are born. Amazing, isn’t it. :) These fabulous brownies are moist, rich and packed with chocolate goodness.

Make them for your boys, make them for your girls, bring them to your mama, share some with your pa.  That’s what fabulous brownies are for, you know. Sharing and enjoying! Hope you love them!

Linda’s Fabulous Brownies
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 15 min. prep + 35 min. baking
Yield: One 9×13 pan, cut them as large or small as you like
Recipe from my sweet cousin Linda Reber

BROWNIES:
1 C butter, melted
2 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa powder
2 t vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 t salt
3/4 C chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet)

FROSTING:
1/4 C butter, melted
1/4 C cocoa powder
3 C powdered sugar
4-5 T milk
1 t vanilla
dash salt

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place 1 cup melted butter, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and  2 teaspoons vanilla into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Mix on low-speed until combined and smooth, should take about 1 minute.

2. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.

The batter should look pretty runny  at this point.

3. In a small bowl place 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Toss the two together with a fork to combine. Add these dry ingredients to the brownie batter and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth.

4. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.

5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and spread the batter out into it. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Be sure not to over bake these babies. Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool completely.

6. While your brownies are cooling, make your frosting. Place 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a small mixing bowl and mix it until well combined.

7. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar, 4-5 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

8. Beat the ingredients together until the frosting in smooth and glossy. If it’s too thick, add a bit more milk.
9. When the brownies have cooled completely, spread the frosting over the top, cut and serve.

Enjoy!

Denise
    November 7, 2012 at 10:40 am

Oh my….these look wonderful. Will add them to the ‘to-do’ list for this week. Thanks so much for sharing all your many thoughts and recipes.

Kathleen
    November 7, 2012 at 10:55 am

Absolutely going to try these

Jossie
    November 7, 2012 at 10:56 am

This is the recipe I grew up with. They are excellent, especially if you have cocoa that’s richer than Hershey’s…

November 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Here’s a trick I learned a few years ago…to avoid over baking and have fudgie brownies. Test with a toothpick halfway between the side of the pan and the middle. The middle will continue cook as the brownies cool.

Spacebunny
    November 7, 2012 at 2:57 pm

This is almost identical to the recipe I’ve been using for years! The only difference is I use a 1 cup of cocoa powder and no chocolate chips (I can’t get them where I live). I love these brownies!

LoveToBake
    November 7, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I’m not a total chocolate chip lover…can I melt the chips instead? Or add more cocoa powder? I would rather just melt down the chips so we still get the flavor…do you think it will work?

Amy
    November 8, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I want one right now. Too bad I can’t reach through the computer screen to grab one!

Suzanne
    November 9, 2012 at 11:42 am

I made these last night, and they rec’d RAVE reviews! So much better than brownies from a mix. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

CookingNoob
    November 10, 2012 at 9:54 am

Wow! It’s pretty much the response I’ve gotten to these fabulous brownies. Made them three days ago, didn’t have any chocolate chips so instead y chopped up some hershey’s bars and used that instead, they turned out great. They are moist and fluffy and the frosting was just great! Served them with a bit of french vanilla ice cream with a bit of cocoa powder on top. delicious. Thanks. Next time I will try and get a hold of some chocolate chips and just might ad a bit of nuts or almonds on top.

Rylie Carlson
    November 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Just made these tonight wtih mint frosting and they were amazing! Think I found my go to brownie recipe!

Leah
    February 23, 2014 at 12:17 am

I need to make a big batch of these–enough to fill a jelly roll pan. I was thinking I could do 1 and 1/2 batches per pan. Do you think that would work? Has anyone tried that?

February 25, 2014 at 8:48 am

Leah,
      I haven’t ever tried it, but I think that would work out fine. It you are using a large cookie sheet, I would double the recipe. Best of luck to you!