I love recipes that use basic pantry staples. Little bit ‘a flour, dash of salt, sprinkle of sugar and cocoa and vvvvvwalla, baby. Heavenly chocolate brownies are born. Amazing, isn’t it. These fabulous brownies are moist, rich and packed with chocolate goodness.
Make them for your boys, make them for your girls, bring them to your mama, share some with your pa. That’s what fabulous brownies are for, you know. Sharing and enjoying! Hope you love them!
Linda’s Fabulous Brownies
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
Time: 15 min. prep + 35 min. baking
Yield: One 9×13 pan, cut them as large or small as you like
Recipe from my sweet cousin Linda Reber
1 C butter, melted
2 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa powder
2 t vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 t salt
3/4 C chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet)
1/4 C butter, melted
1/4 C cocoa powder
3 C powdered sugar
4-5 T milk
1 t vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place 1 cup melted butter, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Mix on low-speed until combined and smooth, should take about 1 minute.
2. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
The batter should look pretty runny at this point.
3. In a small bowl place 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Toss the two together with a fork to combine. Add these dry ingredients to the brownie batter and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and spread the batter out into it. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Be sure not to over bake these babies. Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool completely.
6. While your brownies are cooling, make your frosting. Place 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a small mixing bowl and mix it until well combined.
7. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar, 4-5 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
8. Beat the ingredients together until the frosting in smooth and glossy. If it’s too thick, add a bit more milk.
9. When the brownies have cooled completely, spread the frosting over the top, cut and serve.