Open Faced Turkey Cranberry Provolone Sandwich Melt

Open Faced Turkey Cranberry Provolone Sandwich Melt

A couple of weeks ago, my sweet sister-in-law Mary sat me down and said “I’ve got to tell you about the yummiest thing I made with The Turkey Breast of Wonder.”

Please, won’t you! Was my reply. I’m all about the Turkey Breast of Wonder, you know.

She explained how she had a cabin full of friends to feed so she tossed The Turkey Breast of Wonder into her trusty crock pot. When it was done she sliced open a loaf of french bread, spread a bit of mayo and cranberry sauce all over it and layered it with turkey and stuffing. Then she covered everything with provolone cheese and let the old girl broil in the oven until the cheese was golden and melted and fabulous.

Her friends loved it, she loved it and she had a pretty good idea you and I would get a kick out of it, too.

Now I can’t speak for you all, but in my book this sandwich gets a 5 star rating. You could enjoy it with your Thanksgiving leftovers. You could make it for a hungry crowd of teenagers, or for your guests on game day (aren’t there a lot of sports being played currently?) You could even make if for regular old dinner, I don’t think you would have any complaints. My family loved it.

Hope you enjoy the sandwich! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I’ve got my fingers (and toes) crossed that all of your food turns out just fabulously. :)

Open Faced Turkey Cranberry Provolone Sandwich Melt
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe from my sweet sister-in-law Mary Ehrhart

1 loaf french bread
1/2 C mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Light)
1 C cranberry sauce (I used whole berry cranberry sauce)
2-3 C turkey, cooked and shredded (I used this recipe for Turkey Breast of Wonder)
2-3 C stuffing/dressing (I used Stove Top)
6 large slices Provolone Cheese

1. Grab yourself a nice loaf of french bread and cut it in half-length wise.

2. Spread 1/4 cup of mayonnaise over each bread half.

3. Spoon 1/2 cup of cranberry sauce over each bread half and then spread it out with a knife.

4. Arrange 2-3 cups of shredded turkey over the cranberry sauce.

5. Sprinkle 2-3 cups of stuffing over the top of the turkey.

6. Lay some nice, big slices of provolone cheese over the top of the stuffing.

Like this. :)

7. Turn your oven to broil. When your oven is hot and ready, pop the sandwiches into the oven and let the cheese get golden brown and bubbly. Watch it carefully now, you don’t want the cheese to burn. My cheese was melted and perfect after about 5 minutes, but your oven may broil faster than mine.

8. Let your sandwich cool for a minute or two and then slice and serve.

Enjoy!

Kristin Morris
    November 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

This is TOO FUNNY! This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE thing about Thanksgiving! People look at me like I am a complete weirdo when I whip one of these sandwiches up. I was just talking to my co-workes yesterday, about being excited for THIS sandwich, and they all turned and walked away! HAHAHA.

November 21, 2012 at 10:26 am

I love cranberry and turkey flavors together! saving this recipe!! =)
    Thanks!

Miranda
    November 21, 2012 at 11:25 am

This sandwich looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

February 8, 2014 at 3:53 am

After I initially cmtoenmed I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you can take away me from that service? Thanks!

Joan
    November 21, 2012 at 11:34 am

Yum! I cannot wait until Friday to make the sandwich. Looks so good.

Annette Bishop
    November 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Man got to go get some provolone or maybe I’ll try it with some good swiss

November 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm

That’s it… I haven’t had dinner yet and now I’m in trouble! :)

Amy
    November 21, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Hey Jamie,

Happy Thanksgiving – I’m personally thankful for all of your terrific recipes!

This is sort of random, but I’m already thinking ahead to Christmas, and I’d like to make your clam chowder for Christmas Eve, but when I call up that recipe all I see are pictures – no recipe ingredients or directions. If you get a chance could you take a look at it?

Thanks!

Amy
    November 21, 2012 at 3:57 pm

p.s. I made your deviled eggs for my Thanksgiving relish tray and they are AWESOME! :)

A. Jill
    November 21, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Yum! I make this sandwich but with chive cream cheese instead of mayo! If you want to give that a try! Yum yum!

Mark
    November 21, 2012 at 5:28 pm

This does look good, and I second that bit of Thanksgiving. My wife and I practically make half of our meals from this website. I’m a very picky eater but this is mostly stuff that I really like so it works out well! Thanks for sharing your recipes with the world! (We may starve without them.)

Kristi
    November 21, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Am planning on making TWO of the Turkey Breasts of wonder for thanksgiving – so this will be PERFECT for leftovers and I even have all the ingredients already – yay! Can’t wait for Friday to come now :-D