January Menu Plan 2013

January Menu Plan 2013

When the calendar turns from December to January, do you automatically feel like turning your back on everything sugary and fattening and bathing yourself instead in an enormous pile of healthy vegetables?

You do! I have to admit…after the gluttony of the holiday season, I do too! I really look forward to slimming down my life and enjoying the benefits of eating healthier. And so this month I have a fairly healthy menu plan for you all. I will be posting a bunch of new, healthy (and easy!) recipes for us all to enjoy this month, as well. There may be a dessert or two thrown into the mix as well, but for the most part it will be a super flavorful, slimmer, healthier month of recipe posting.

As usual, colored titles are links to past recipes. Black titles are recipes I am working on and hoping to post in the near future. Hope you find something to love!

Crispy Parmesan and Garlic Chicken

January Menu Plan
PRINT THE PLAN

DINNER RECIPES ALREADY POSTED:
Baked Potatoes (Crock Pot) with Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Shredded Mexican Chicken (Crock Pot) with tomatoes, lettuce and Simple Spanish Rice
Sweet and Sour Chicken with Brown Rice
Pan Fried Fish, Rice pilaf and Saucy Sesame Green Beans
Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Ham Fried Rice
White Chicken Chili with Fabulous French Bread and Green Salad
Kneaders Turkey Cranberry and Sunflower Salad (can’t get enough of this stuff)
Spinach and Ricotta lasagna Rolls with Olive Garden Salad

Seven Layer Bean Dip
Classic Guacamole
Oreo Cheesecake Bites

Whole Wheat Bread

Christine
    January 2, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I would love the recipe for rye bread to use in my bread machine. Do you have one?

Christine

Nique
    January 5, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for this blog. I am not able to come on as often as I like, but when I do visit, everything is so amazing!!

Nikki
    January 5, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Do your monthly meal plans ever repeat? I have tons and tons of older recipes I love, but I can’t use all these wonderful new ones plus all the old ones.

February 8, 2014 at 6:58 am

We must be a bit alike FT. I can get moving as soon as I’m awake. I like to get my tasks done early. I don’t relax well at home when I know I have tasks to comelpte. Here in NS, it’s a lovely morning. The temperature is 18c and not humid at all. I hope it stays this way for a while. I’m not a heat lover. When I get home from work, I have a lot I’d like to accomplish:Paint trim around my entry door, and paint garage doors.Ice a cake and prepare icing colours for a class tomorrow.Fold and put laundry away.Study.Spent time with my son outside, likely riding bicycles.Possibly visit my mother.

shron
    January 7, 2013 at 11:17 am

Just when I think there is nothing for dinner, along you come! I was surprised how many of your top 12 I have made. Thank you again.

Kelly in KC
    January 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I would love it if you would post how your “try” recipes turned out. When we try a new recipe (which is often) I have everyone rate it from 1 to 5 (5 being this is a great keeper) 1’s and 2’s are not keepers and 3’s need work and we may try them again.
    Thanks for your monthly menu plans – it inspires me to try harder!

Holli Harrison
    January 25, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I want to subscribe to your blog but not sure how??

January 26, 2013 at 8:17 am

Hi Holly,
      Thanks for your interest in my site. If you look under the header on the right hand side, there are four gray cirlces. Click on the one with the envelope and it will take you to a page where you can sign up to get email notifications each time I have a new post.

February 19, 2014 at 6:51 am

Inaiomftorn is power and now I’m a !@#$ing dictator.

Jacqueline Dunn
    January 30, 2013 at 10:35 am

Great blog and fantastic recipes! I will definitely be heating up the stove alot thanks to you!

Pat O'Neill
    January 15, 2014 at 10:58 am

I ‘discovered’ your blog and love all the recipes you have posted along with the brilliant explanations and pictures! It has certainly inspired me;-)