SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Simple Oven Baked Crumb Potatoes

Simple Oven Baked Crumb Potatoes

These potatoes are so simple to put together! Russet potatoes are diced, coated with a bit of melted butter and then tossed with Italian Bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Once baked the potatoes have a nice, crispy golden outside with a soft center.  Did I mention they were simple. Pretty sure I covered that one. Don’t be worried about them being simple in the flavor category though my friends. The crumb coating has a wonderful texture and gives the potatoes such a nice flavor. They are fabulous served with the Porcupine Meatballs I posted on Monday. They would also make a great pairing with Poor Mans Philly Beef and Cheese Sandwichs, or these cute Mini Turkey Loaves with Sweet and Savory Red Sauce.

Now, let’s make some potatoes…

IMG_1985

Simple Oven Baked Crumb Potatoes
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 15 minutes prep + 45 minutes baking
Recipe from Cindi Schut

6 medium-sized russet potatoes
1/4 C butter, melted
2/3 C Italian Bread Crumbs
Salt and Pepper

IMG_1892

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grab 6 medium-sized russet potatoes. Wash and scrub them well. Make sure to get all of the grainy dirt off. No one likes to eat potatoes laced with dirt. At least not any one that I have met.
3. Cut the potatoes into rings

IMG_1893
and then dice them up into chunks. I like to use this handyProgressive International GPC-4000 Fruit and Vegetable Chopper.  I believe I may have mentioned it once or twice to you all. My parents gave it to me for Christmas a few years back and I absolutely love it. It’s a big time saver and chops ingredietns so nice and uniformly which helps them cook more evenly. Love it. They have them at Amazon, if you so desire to purchase one. 🙂

IMG_1894

Look at all those little potatoes. Did I not say it does a great job. I think I may have, once or twice.
IMG_1895

4. Toss your chopped potatoes into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
IMG_1896

5. Melt 1/4 cup of butter and pour it over the top of the potatoes.
IMG_1898

Give everything a nice stir. You want to make sure that all of the potatoes have a bit of butter on them.
IMG_1899

6. Grab some Italian Breadcrumbs
IMG_1900

and pour 2/3 C into the potatoes.
IMG_1901
7. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.

IMG_1903

8. Stir everything together. Make sure all of the potatoes have some of the crumbs on them.
IMG_1891

8. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay the potatoes out evenly over the pan.
9. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring the potatoes a few times during the cooking process. They are done when they are fork tender and crispy along the outsides.

Serve and enjoy! IMG_1979

Madeleine
    February 20, 2013 at 6:38 am

These look wonderful! Potatoes are one of my all time favorite comfort foods. Would you consider coating with a beaten egg as well as the butter to help the crumbs stick, or does the butter do a sufficient job on its own? Thanks for sharing!

February 7, 2014 at 11:38 pm

I usually pibroal sweet potatoes and then throw them on the grill. I love this idea for during the winter. The combination of the spicy flavors with the sweetness is the best. I’ve got a sweet potato hanging out on my counter right now and I’m going to make this recipe this week. Thanks.

denise
    February 20, 2013 at 10:23 am

YUM-O !!

February 20, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Girlfriend…. you make me so hungry. Yummers!

Janet T.
    February 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Have you ever bought the non-stick Reynold’s Wrap aluminum foil? It’s great for lining pans when you are baking something like this. Food cooks perfectly and clean up is a breeze.

February 21, 2013 at 6:43 am

Janet,
      Wow, I have never heard of the non stick variety. Thanks for the tip. 🙂

Kristin
    February 21, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Made these potatoes tonight!! Wonderful!! You just amaze me all of the recipes that I have tried from your blog are FANTASTIC!! FOOL PROOF-WORK EVERY TIME!! Keep up the GOOD work!! Thanks!

Beth
    February 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Jaime,
    Could a bag of thawed out diced potatos work? And if so how much? Thanks!

February 26, 2013 at 6:43 am

Hi Beth,
      I haven’t ever tried it with potatoes that have been frozen. I think it would work out pretty well, my main concern is that the coating may have a hard time sticking to the potatoes. Let me know if you try it and how it goes!

Laura
    February 26, 2013 at 8:54 am

These were so easy to make and they were good with ranch dressing. I don’t think I added enough salt and pepper. Thanks Jamie!

Heather
    March 2, 2013 at 9:12 am

This recipe was amazing! I made the potatoes the evening before I planned to serve them and then heated them in the oven before dinner…. How crispy, tasty & EASY!!!!!! They were a hit! Thank you!!