Easy Beef Stroganoff (Crock Pot)

Easy Beef Stroganoff (Crock Pot)

Several weeks ago I noticed a recipe my friend Tina (from Mommys Kitchen) posted some time ago on her blog. She called the recipe “No Peek Beef Tips” and said the beef was cooked for three hours in the oven in a simple, savory sauce. I thought that sounded fabulous, and so I gave her recipe a go. However, I cooked mine in the crock pot and added a couple of seasonings to the sauce, as well as a bit of butter and sour cream at the end when the beef was finished cooking. Thus the name change to Beef Stroganoff, my fiends. Saucy Beef plus Sour Cream equals Beef Stroganoff, just ask Wikipedia…which is what I did.)

If you love beef, I would wager to say you are going to love this little number.  The beef is very tender and the sauce is nice and flavorful, with just a hint of richness. Plus, it’s super easy to make. It will only set you back a handful of minutes in the preparation department. In this day and age, that is something to be grateful for, am I right. 🙂

Let’s make it!
IMG_2746_edited-1
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF (CROCK POT)
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

1/2 t Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 T corn starch
1 T cold water
1 T butter
2 T sour cream
IMG_2619_edited-1

1. Find yourself 2 pounds of stew meat and place it into a crock pot. (I used a 3 quart)

IMG_2621_edited-1

2. Drain 1 can of mushrooms and add it to the meat.

IMG_2623_edited-1

3. Into a small mixing bowl place 1 package of brown gravy mix, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 package Lipton onion soup mix and 1 cup water. Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning. Whisk it all together to combine…

IMG_2626_edited-1

and pour it over the top of the meat and mushrooms.
4. Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours, or on high for 4 hours.

IMG_2730_edited-1

5. Combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into your crock pot and stir it well, making sure everything is combined. Put the lid back on the crock and let her cook for another 20 minute, or until the sauce has thickened up a bit for you.
6. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons of sour cream, stir to combine.

Serve over hot buttered egg noodles, or rice.

Enjoy!

IMG_2752_edited-1

April 3, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hey J – this looks super yummy. What did we ever do before wikipedia?? ;0

Jan
    April 3, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Sounds delicious! just want to clarify- The picture of gravy mix looks like it has liquid added. Do you add any water to the gravy mix or Lipton soup mix?

April 3, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Jan,
      Thanks for catching that. Yes, there should be 1 cup of water added to the other ingredients Thanks so much,

April 3, 2013 at 7:53 pm

sounds so yummy and easy gonna have to try this
    thanks for sharing come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Laura
    April 7, 2013 at 2:31 pm

You might want to add the 1 cup of water to the printable directions! I just made this and didn’t know there needed to be water.

Jen
    April 17, 2013 at 4:48 pm

This was really good! Really easy too!

Tonya
    April 18, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I made this for dinner tonight. Fired up the crockpot at 9:00 a.m. for dinner at 5:30. It was so delicious and the family loved it too. And so easy too. Just had to cook up the noodles, toss a salad and dinner is served!

Rachel
    April 22, 2013 at 5:14 pm

We had this for dinner the other night and hubby and I loved it! Picky kid eaters went for plain noodles, but we will definitely be making this again. We don’t care for mushrooms, so omitted those and used cream of chicken soup, and I also didn’t do the cornstarch step, as it was pretty well thickened when I was ready to serve it.
    Thanks for a winner dinner!

Sari
    March 19, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Made this recipe for luncheon with friends…my first beef stroganoff! thank you thank you for ‘introducing’ me to the wonder of crock pot!!
    i’m a big fans of your website, Jamie!!
    Gbu…

May 27, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i came to “return the
    favor”.I’m trying to find things to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

August 7, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Hi great blog! Does running a blog such as this requir
    a large amount of work? I have absolutely no expertise in computer programming
    but I had been hopling to start my own blog
    soon. Anyhow, iff you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply needed to ask.
    Many thanks!

August 8, 2014 at 5:35 am

It’s going too be end of mine day, but before end I am reaing this fantastic piece
    of writing to improve my know-how.

April 9, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Look fantastic! I’m gonna try to make one !!