To say this Homemade Caramel Sauce is fabulous would be The Great Understatement of The Universe. It honestly would. It’s hands down the best Caramel Sauce I have ever made. It’s rich, thick and creamy! Just what I love in a Caramel Sauce. It reminds me a lot of the Caramel Sauce they serve at a local Ice Cream shop here in Utah called Leatherbys. Have any of you heard of it!? There is one close to my parents home and we used to go there when I was young. I would ALWAYS order the Ice Cream Sunday with Caramel Sauce. Because it’s the best thing on the menu. Cross my heart and hope to die. THE very best. I’m thrilled to have found this great recipe that tastes so similar. Additionally, it is VERY easy to make requiring only about 10 minutes of prep work. I am going to try really, really hard not to make it every day. 🙂 A girl has to have her limits you know. Pass the cucumbers, I may have consumed more than my fair share.
Make this sauce, my friends!
Make it and put it on ice cream, drizzle it over apple slices…or pour it over a cheesecake or something, won’t you?
1. Find yourself a medium-sized sauce pan. Pour in 3/4 cup white sugar,
3/4 cup packed brown sugar,
1/2 cup corn syrup…
and 1/3 cup butter.
2. Turn the stove to medium heat. Stirring the ingredients together occasionally, allow the butter to melt and the sugars to dissolve. Keep stirring it now and then so it won’t burn, and be sure to keep the heat on medium.
3. When the mixture comes to a full boil (it should take about 5 minutes to get there), then remove it from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
4. Add 2/3 cup whipping cream. Whisk it in, until all ingredients are well combined.
5. The caramel will be pretty thin but will thicken up as it cools. I actually prefer it at room temperature…I like my sauce nice and thick. 🙂 It’s fabulous on ice cream or as a dip for apples.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe from The Hungry Hintons
Pinable image below…