How to Make the Perfect BAKED POTATO

How to Make the Perfect BAKED POTATO

There are many, many ways to bake a potato.

Toss them in the microwave, wrap them in foil for the oven or you can even cook them up in a crock pot. (Who would have thought!)

Though I have used the above mentioned methods in the past, I have been on the lookout lately for the best, most delicious way to bake a potato. So, I spent some time with Google. Isn’t google amazing? There’s not a lot the old guy doesn’t know.  I’m crossing my fingers he never goes away, for this simple fact that I don’t own any encyclopedias and I’m not strong to enough to carry a whole set around with me.

Anyhow, Google showed me just how easy it is to make a Baked Potato that is fluffy and soft on the inside while remaining crispy and delightful on the outside. They are better than any baked potato I have made in the past! My whole family loved them.

Here are a few recipe that go well with Baked Potatoes:

Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Grandpa Mark’s Meatloaf
Grilled BBQ Chicken

Let’s make em, man.

How To Make The Perfect Baked Potato

PERFECT BAKED POTATOES

Time: 10 min prep + 45-60 min baking

***NOTE: The method listed below uses an oven to bake the potatoes. However, I have had a lot of success by allowing the potatoes to cook in the microwave for about 7-8 minutes, rubbing them with olive oil, salt and pepper and then baking them inside my grill. Just place them on the warming rack, close the lid and let them bake for 20 minutes or so. Works out great if you are already grilling up some burgers, or chicken.***

7 large russet potatoes
olive oil
salt and pepper

IMG_4729_edited-1

1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Find yourself 7 large russet potatoes and toss them into the sink. Scrub them with warm water. Use a wire bristled brush to scrub the dirt from the potato.

IMG_4730_edited-1

3. Pat the potatoes dry with a towel.
4. Line a large baking sheet with tin foil and lay the potatoes out over the foil.

IMG_4731_edited-1

5. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the potatoes,

IMG_4735_edited-1

then rub the oil all over them.

6. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper on both sides.  (Montreal Steak Seasoning also works well).

IMG_4741_edited-1

7. Use a fork to poke holes in several spots on each potato.

Baked Potatoes from Jamie Cooks It Up!
8. Pop them in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the potato is soft on the inside.

IMG_4742_edited-1

9. Let them cool for a few minutes, then slice them open

IMG_4746_edited-1

and enjoy!

IMG_4759_edited-1

I stuffed this one with a little butter, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, green onions and some of the leftover shredded BBQ Chicken I posted earlier this week. Turned out to be a great way to use the leftover chicken.

Misty
    June 14, 2013 at 11:27 am

This is how i do my potatoes but i dont put them on a sheet, i just lay foil and put on the rack directly, i think this is by far the best method to BAKE potatoes! Very soft, and sooo good. I use coarse sea salt on my potatoes :)

Mary
    June 14, 2013 at 11:54 am

This is how I do it too, especially nice to have.

June 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I love potatoes!! And stuffed with the BBQ chicken…oh yum!

Linda Gruber
    June 14, 2013 at 8:11 pm

That BBQ chicken baked potato looks to die for!!!!

June 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I made these potatoes tonight (with the leftover BBQ chicken on top) and both were delicious. The potatoes really are very fluffy–yum!!

Stephanie
    July 3, 2013 at 1:55 pm

This is by far the best way to bake potatoes. I do wrap my potatoes instead of putting them on a pan. Will have to to try doing them without wrapping them. My family loves oven baked potatoes. Yummy!!!!!

September 22, 2013 at 10:16 am

I agree that this simple way of doing potatoes is by far the best way! Instead of olive oil, though, I have always used butter and smeared a light layer over the entire potato. Just grab a few fingerfulls in your hand and rub all over your bakers. Leaves the skins much crispier – which I love!

Dave
    January 27, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Perfect but don’t forget the garlic powder.

August 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly
    all of your post’s to be exactly I’m looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
    I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write with regards to here.
    Again, awesome weblog!

August 6, 2014 at 6:15 am

First of all I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you do not mind.
    I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear
    your mind before writing. I’ve had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.
    I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the
    first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints?
    Kudos!

September 14, 2014 at 4:54 am

What’s up to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this website; this website includes awesome and really good stuff in favor
    of readers.

Shane Martin
    September 21, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I’m trying the steak seasoning for the first time tonight. I’m so excited. Never thought of that before!

Shane Martin
      September 21, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I’m doing ribs in the crock pot as the main dish to the potatoes.

October 31, 2014 at 3:27 am

Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this web page
    regularly, this web site is genuinely pleasant and the users are actually sharing nice thoughts.