Whenever I ask readers what kinds of recipes they would like to see more of on this little ol’ blog of mine, most of them respond with “Easy dinner recipes, please. You can never have enough of those!” And that is the gospel truth, is it not? Even for those of us who adore cooking and baking and wish we could spend the afternoon creating gourmet cupcakes, at the end of the day, dinner time is staring us all right in the face and it’s usually accompanied with many hungry mouths to feed. Every night. As sure as the sky is blue or gray or heavy laden with rain clouds. Dinner time is within its very presence. Kraft Foods has been known to work wonders in the Easy Dinner department. I am happy to be introducing you today to their newest quick dinner solution. They have recently come out with a product titled Recipe Makers.
Each Recipe Makers box comes with two sauces and three different recipe ideas that use the sauces. The idea being that with two sauces, recipes can be made to taste better due to the many layers of flavors that are incorporated. The sauces are combined with fresh ingredients from your kitchen to create a wonderful, balanced meal. I made this Chicken Cacciatore the other night and my family loved it. I ended up making a couple of additions to the original recipe, as you will see below. Let me show you how to make it happen!
Time: 10 minutes prep + 4-7 hours cooking
Yield: 5 servings
Recipe adapted from Kraft
1 box Kraft Recipe Makers Chicken Cacciatore
5 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds), completely thawed
1 green pepper
1 small can mushrooms
1 (16 ounce) package pasta of your choice
1 T butter
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Grab a 3-5 quart crock pot and spray it with cooking spray. 2. Pour the Lemon Oregano Sauce from the Kraft Recipe Makers box into the crock pot.
3. Add the chicken to the pot.
4. Grab a beautiful green pepper and slice it into strips.
Layer it on top of the chicken.
5. Drain the juices from a small can of mushrooms and add it to the pot.
Stir the chicken and vegetables up a bit so they get nice and saucy.
6. Pour the Tomato and Italian Herb Cooking Sauce from the Kraft Recipe Makers box over the top of the chicken and veggies.
Spread it around carefully with a spoon. 7. Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7.
8. When the chicken is done, boil some water and cook the pasta according to package instructions. 9. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the crock pot and stir it around until it melts.
11. Serve the warm pasta with the chicken, vegetables and sauce from the crock pot. Add a few sprinkles of Parmesan cheese as desired. Enjoy!
Here’s another slow cooker recipe from Kraft Recipe Makers: