Do you love a good Grilled Cheese Sandwich? I bet you do. Pretty sure I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t like grilled cheese. There’s just something comforting about it, yes? Today I have a twist on the classic version I hope you will love. I surely love it. Some of my kids love it. At least the one’s I like the best. 🙂 Just kidding, I like them all. A real, real, lot thank you for asking.
Featured in this fabulous Grilled Cheese are the following. Thick french bread, buttered on both sides. A small spread of Homemade Raspberry Jam, seared Ham and Swiss cheese…all grilled up to perfection.
Or at least to partial perfection, which is all a girl like me can hope for. In a perfect world every one of my kids would treasure up everything that comes out of my kitchen.
That would be perfection to me.
A person can have her dreams, you know. In the mean time I’m going to make this sandwich again for lunch tomorrow…for those of us who know a good thing when we see it.
Care to join us? I would bet some of you will love it too. 🙂
PS…August Menu Plan coming up on Monday morning. Can you believe it’s August already!!!!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Raspberry Jam
Time: 10 minutes
Yield: as many as you would like 🙂
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Deli Ham, thinly sliced
1. Grab yourself some nice thick french bread or Texas toast. Spread a thin amount of butter onto each piece.
2. Turn the bread over and spread about 1-2 teaspoons of jam onto both sides. This will make your sandwich pretty sweet. If you just want it to be a tiny bit sweet, only spread jam on one side.
3. Heat a skillet up over medium high heat. Toss a bit of deli ham into the pan and let it get warm slightly seared on both sides. Remove the ham from the pan and carefully wipe it clean with a paper towel. You don’t want the outside of your sandwich to have seared ham on it.
4. Place one piece of bread, butter side down into the skillet. Top it with Swiss cheese and the warm ham.
5. Add another slice of cheese and the other piece of bread, buttered side up.
6. Cover the pan with a lid. This will help the cheese to melt. Watch the underside of the bread carefully, you don’t want it to burn! When the bottom is golden brown flip the sandwich over and grill it on the other side.
Serve and enjoy!