I love a good Seven Layer Bean Dip, don’t you? I haven’t met many people who don’t enjoy it. With Super Bowl Sunday on the horizon I thought it might be a good time to share a fabulous recipe for this classic party dish. It’s easy to prepare (even when you make the guacamole from scratch) and the flavors are so light and refreshing.
Perfect party food!
Now, let me show you how to make it happen.
Fabulous Seven Layer Bean Dip
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 (9 x 13) pan
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
2 (9 ounce) cans Fritos Bean Dip
2 avocados, fully ripe
1 T lime juice, fresh
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1/4 C salsa
dash garlic salt
1 C sour cream
2 T taco seasoning
2 C Mexican blend cheese
1/2 (pint) grape tomatoes
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced olives
5 green onions, chopped
pickled jalapeno nacho slices (optional)
Tortilla Chips for dipping
1. Grab a couple of cans of Fritos Bean Dip. You can use regular refried beans, if you would like…but the Fritos beans are super smooth and have a nice flavor to them.
Spread the bean dip out in a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Choose 2 avocados that are nice and dark and a bit soft if you press the skin. You want them to be ripe. Slice them in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a medium-sized bowl.
3. Grab some beautiful cilantro. That color just makes me happy.
Chop it up and add 1/4 cup to the avocado. I like to chop a bit extra to sprinkle on the top of the dip.
4. Squeeze 1 tablespoon lime juice over the avocado.
Add 1/4 cup salsa, a dash of garlic salt and a dash of freshly cracked pepper.
5. Smash the avocado mixture up with a fork, making sure it’s well combined. Spread it over the top of the bean dip.
6. Place 1 cup sour cream into a small mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning.
Mix it well and carefully spread it over the guacamole.
7. Sprinkle 2 cups Mexican blend cheese over the top.
8. Add half a pint of sliced grape tomatoes, 5 green onions that have been chopped and a whole can of drained, sliced olives.
Now if you like a little bit of heat, go wild and crazy and add some slices of pickled jalapeno.
Yum. Sprinkle a some chopped cilantro over the top…
And there you have it. Seven layers (or so…) of dipping goodness.
We like these Fritos Scoops.
They seem to hold just the right amount of heavenly dip.