Crock Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy (Renewed)

Crock Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy (Renewed)

Man, I love a good Pork roast. Pork is a nice sweet meat, after all and well…you know how I love sweet. It’s a problem, if the truth were to be told.

This particular Pork Roast recipe has been living in my archives for more than four years now. The pictures that were originally posted with it are down right hideous. Shockingly fierce, is what I am telling you here. It was in need of a makeover. Not the recipe (which is absolutely heavenly). Just the pictures. And so I have made this dreamy roast again (twist my arm, why don’t you) and retaken the photos for you all, complete with a full pictorial tutorial.

What does this Pork Roast of Wonder have to offer you? Tender strips of flavorful meat, drizzled with a gravy that is so divine I think I could drink it for breakfast and be happy from my head to my toes. The taste is by no means overly sweet, rather it has a kind of smokey, sweet, garlic brown sugar feel to it. It’s a family favorite.

Make it baby. Make it and love it!
Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Crock Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy

Time: 15 minutes prep + 4-7 hours crock pot cooking
Yield: 6-7 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1 (3 pound) pork roast (I like a Sirloin Tip Roast)
3 T olive oil

Juices from the roast
2 (.87 ounce) packages pork gravy mix
1/4 C water
1/4 C milk
1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup

IMG_2300_edited-1

1. Grab a Pork Sirloin Tip Roast. I like to buy these that come in a package of four from Costco. They always seem to cook up so well and are easy to shred.

IMG_2303_edited-1

2. Heat a large skillet up over medium high heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil into the pan. Sprinkle the pork generously with salt and pepper on the top and bottom. Carefully place it in the pan and allow it to get a nice golden brown sear on both sides.

IMG_2301_edited-1

3. While your pork is in the searing pan, peel and chop 5-6 russet potatoes and one onion. You want them to be uniform in size, so they cook evenly.

IMG_2305_edited-1

4. Spray a 3-4 quart crock pot with cooking spray. Place the seared pork in the pot and pour 3 cups mini carrots around the roast.

IMG_2306_edited-1

Layer the potatoes and onions on top.

IMG_2307_edited-1

5. Chop 1 tablespoon of garlic and place it in a small mixing bowl.

IMG_2309_edited-1

Add 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette, 1/2 cup water…

IMG_2310_edited-1

and 1/2 cup brown sugar.

IMG_2311_edited-1

Whisk the ingredients around making sure the brown sugar gets dissolved, then pour it all over the top of the potatoes and roast.

IMG_2312_edited-1

Hit the potatoes with a bit of salt and pepper.
6. Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Or, if you know your crock pot cooks quickly I would suggest cooking just the meat and the sauce together on low for 4 hours, then adding the vegetables and cooking on high for an additional 2 hours.

IMG_2314_edited-1

7. When the pork has cooked through (should be a temperature of 160 degrees), carefully pour the juices from the crock pot into a medium-sized sauce pan. Turn the crock pot off and let the meat rest inside (with the lid on) for 5-10 minutes before you serve it.

IMG_2315_edited-1

8. To the sauce pan add 2 packages of Pork gravy mix, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup water and 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted). Whisk it together to combine.
9. Get the pan onto the stove top and heat the mixture to boiling over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.

Serve the roast and vegetables with gravy drizzled over the top. Enjoy!

Crock Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Judi
    February 17, 2014 at 10:24 am

OMG! That looks divine!!! Guess I’m heading to the store to buy a pork roast for tonight! Your photo tutorial is wonderful. Thank you!

Denise
    February 17, 2014 at 10:57 am

looks divine! Next costco
    trip it’s on the list to buy !

JennE
    February 17, 2014 at 12:23 pm

USDA has updated their suggestions – Pork chops and roast only need to be cooked to an internal temp of 145 degrees. Ground pork still needs to be cooked to 160 degrees.
    Restaurants have been doing this for years.

Sissee I
    February 17, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Sounds delish!!! Thanks!! Have a great day!! Hugs to you and the family.

Mary
    February 17, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Looks Devine! Will make this soon.

Bonnie Brown
    February 18, 2014 at 11:12 am

I have always hated cooking pork because no matter how I cook it, it cooks tough. How does this one turn out?

Patti
    February 19, 2014 at 11:32 am

I prepared this last night, and all I can say is YUMMY. The gravy was the icing on the cake. My husband raved about it…thank you Jamie!!!!

Sarah
    February 28, 2014 at 6:46 pm

This was AMAZING! Five out of five thumbs up (very rarely happens!) :)
    I used pork tenderloins b/c that’s just what I had and it was yummy. Thank you!!!

May 4, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I served this today. This is a great recipe. Everyone loved it. I made stuffing, also. Yummy!!! One of my guest sald that I had a feast, not lunch. It is a keeper.

Carol Lamere
    June 10, 2014 at 10:44 am

Please send me your recipes. I love pork and this looks totally yummy.

August 5, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Went to Kroger looking for a sirloin tip roast. Butcher said he had never heard of one. Perhaps called something else as well.

October 16, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I am a young inexperienced cook looking to try new things. I found this recipe and had to try it. I made it today, and it was AMAZING! The flavor is so perfect, and the recipe was incredibly easy

Kassandra
    November 4, 2014 at 2:45 pm

okay, might be a silly question, is a T tbs, or tsp? lol…. and do you think Kraft balsamic vingerette is fine ?

November 5, 2014 at 7:26 am

Kassandra,
      T stands for tablespoon. :) I have used Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette and it works out great. Good luck to you!

Susanna
    November 6, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I just made this and it turned out GREAT! I used regular balsamic vinegar (I skimmed and missed the vinaigrette part). I also love adding juice or soda to meats to tenderize them, so I put one small apple in the blender with just a little water, and smothered the pork with the apple puree before adding the vegetables. Sooo good :)